>>> Time to buy fireworks Wednesday GTM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
new unmotored bicicleta

View attachment 169581

It is a long boi
A while back out of curiosity, I compared the geo of that bike to my dh bike (2010 xprezo furax). A lot of the dims were either identical or within 5mm or a degree. The big differences were stack height (supreme is taller) and reach/wheelbase were about 4" longer. A good portion of that is due to increased wheel size (and corresponding necessary clearance).

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I have time to shuttle whore. Are you still near town?
I boogied on back to the eastern plains. Want to grab lunch tomorrow, though? I don’t have to be at work until the afternoon.

Disclosure: I had my COVID brain swab this morning due to an exposure alert a week old but am asymptomatic and boosted.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I boogied on back to the eastern plains. Want to grab lunch tomorrow, though? I don’t have to be at work until the afternoon.

Disclosure: I had my COVID brain swab this morning due to an exposure alert a week old but am asymptomatic and boosted.
tomorrow is no good, but let's give it a few days anyway all things considered. I too am vaxx'd and boost'd, but you know...

I'll have a bunch of time in Jan to ski/ride/lunch.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
6g upgrade is fucking kicking my ass. Couldn't sleep because I was shivering last night for an hour. Spent all day in bed, fitbit thinks I've got 13 hours of sleep.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
So buy a mini weather station for the backyard?
I bought a Davis weather station and was looking at buying their pretty shitful cloud setup.
I downloaded the app first to see if it was tolerable and I can see all the local people's stations so I don't need to buy anything, hahaha!

My state banned people like me from having fireworks close to 30 years ago, it sucks!

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
My state banned people like me from having fireworks close to 30 years ago, it sucks!
I wish they would do that here too.
We are green this, environmental friendly that, but on New Year's Eve we think that fine particle pollution that is 40x above the limit is fine. In Germany 2% of all fine particles emitted in a year come from the New Year's Eve fireworks. That is way more than all the cheater VW diesel cars emitted.
Not talking about all the toxic metals and chemicals released and the disturbances to wildlife.
FTS, ban it already! :rant:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I wish they would do that here too.
We are green this, environmental friendly that, but on New Year's Eve we think that fine particle pollution that is 40x above the limit is fine. In Germany 2% of all fine particles emitted in a year come from the New Year's Eve fireworks. That is way more than all the cheater VW diesel cars emitted.
Not talking about all the toxic metals and chemicals released and the disturbances to wildlife.
FTS, ban it already! :rant:
I don't think that was any of the reason, it was closer to this, plus fires-
"To date, the greatest health concern regarding fireworks has been the potential for injury to life and limb due to the explosive force of fireworks. Each year, approximately 10,000 to 25,000 people (predominantly male teenagers) in the U.S. suffer physical and burn injuries, due to fireworks, which include the loss of fingers, limbs, eyesight, and sometimes, life "

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
tomorrow is no good, but let's give it a few days anyway all things considered. I too am vaxx'd and boost'd, but you know...

I'll have a bunch of time in Jan to ski/ride/lunch.
Friday snow might end Chimney/Apex DH runs for a few months+.

I said he needed to squeeze in a gut shakedown tomorrow as an even day.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Fuck driving across the west in winter.
Heading home from our ride today the roads had slick spots with blown snow or shady areas. Doing 30 in a 50 and a strong wind gust gave us a four wheel drift going around a bend. Wife and I both puckered slightly until we caught traction again (snow tyres mounted on the car).

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Heading home from our ride today the roads had slick spots with blown snow or shady areas. Doing 30 in a 50 and a strong wind gust gave us a four wheel drift going around a bend. Wife and I both puckered slightly until we caught traction again (snow tyres mounted on the car).
Yesterday we had some serious blowing snow that at times left us with about 10ft of visibility. Driving into that with semi trucks in the immediate vicinity is damn freaky.

118590.jpeg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
With his motives aside he was a brilliant meteorologist back then but it has since been bought by the weather channel and is run by Alan Steremburg after jeff masters made it what it is today whom is even more of a brilliant mind. NOAA, and FEMA are now using the programmatic metrics of the crowd sourced stations to produce very detailed forecasts for emergency response as well as fire weather forecasts without the need of RAWS (remote automated weather stations)

They have a very robust enterprise version of its data for use with gov entities.
My Weather Underground app says it's an IBM business. It seems to offer the best detailed hourly forecast for my area and doesn't have full page adds like some others. It's too bad there is no government weather app here, I'd assume they know the best...

One thing I don't get with pretty much all the apps or weather sites, is that it's super hard to find what the precipitation and weather was like for the previous day(s). That can be super helpful deciding what to do, where to go etc. But it's impossible to find, ugh.

My Weather Underground app says it's an IBM business. It seems to offer the best detailed hourly forecast for my area and doesn't have full page adds like some others. It's too bad there is no government weather app here, I'd assume they know the best...

One thing I don't get with pretty much all the apps or weather sites, is that it's super hard to find what the precipitation and weather was like for the previous day(s). That can be super helpful deciding what to do, where to go etc. But it's impossible to find, ugh.
Yeah, I would like the historical observed data a lot.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Yeah I too would like historical data. For a good chunk of the year I can have clear blue skies for days to find that nearby trails were getting dumped on.

Windy.com is still my favorite weather app. You can select from a large variety of conditions to display on the map and compare 5 different forecast models for any given location.

1640827164114.png

Last edited:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
does Jan know of your infidelity
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, its still a secret. I sold my Armageddon this last summer. It felt too small after riding my Evil Offering for a year in a half. I took it to N* and even after 4 runs I felt like I was fighting it. The numbers between the Supreme & Offering are fairly close and it just feels right. Just picked up some carbon Renthal bars and stem. I plan to install those this weekend. I think you'll enjoy the Supreme!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
My state legalized them for use in state a few years ago. I wish they would ban them again, all the assholes don't know when to stop
Growing up on the Rez allowed ridiculous access to fireworks back in the day. Before 9/11 it was even more ridiculous. Sacks of m80s for twenty bucks. Tennis ball bombs, m1000's, Roman candles that shot m80s. We used to take cases of beer to the firework stands and trade it for 100's of retail dollars of fireworks. I'm lucky to still have 10 fingers.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, its still a secret. I sold my Armageddon this last summer. It felt too small after riding my Evil Offering for a year in a half. I took it to N* and even after 4 runs I felt like I was fighting it. The numbers between the Supreme & Offering are fairly close and it just feels right. Just picked up some carbon Renthal bars and stem. I plan to install those this weekend. I think you'll enjoy the Supreme!
I rented one two (?) seasons ago for a day up at Winter Park and was amused by the experience. Plus it was available to preorder, which in this day and age isn't a given.

Time to finally give my Leatt and giant carbon helmet a workout this upcoming summer.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I rented one two (?) seasons ago for a day up at Winter Park and was amused by the experience. Plus it was available to preorder, which in this day and age isn't a given.

Time to finally give my Leatt and giant carbon helmet a workout this upcoming summer.
We'll likely have WP season passes again.