Quantcast

Time To Eat The Thursty Donuts

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I am actively working on not giving a fuck about work stuff like this. My pay is not tied to profit or year end financials. I make suggestions or present solutions. If people ignore me and do stupid shit, that’s their problem. Even if I have to fix their stupidity, that’s fine. I am fixing their fuck up not mine.
:stupid: I am a QA engineer. I collect and present data. What you choose to do with said data is up to you. I can and often will give my opinion on the quality of our product or the direction we are heading, but I am not the decision maker.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Cheap waffle makers never do! I threw ours out and bought a Waring pro. Well worth the investment if you like waffles.

Also, what are you using for mix? Batter should be thin…waffle iron hot and use vegetable oil instead of butter in the batter. If you’re making your own, cornstarch with all purpose flour will make them crispy.
I love the idea of the Waring pro, but that's counter space I ain't got. My little ghetto waffle maker does a good job.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The word of the day is FTS.

Why listen to me, a man with nearly 2 decades of sheet metal design and fabrication experience, who wants to make something cheap and simple to accomplish a task when we could instead make somebody else's rube goldberg device and pray to zeus tolerence stacking is no longer a thing? But, but, but, his design is more easily 3d-printed, which coincidentally is not how we're going to make a die at all. Good times.

Also, controversial opinion, waffles suck.
every time someone says "why don't we just 3d print it" i have to control the urge to get stabby

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Mines in the cabinet. The only appliances allowed on the new countertops are the coffee maker, the ninja and the kitchenaid.
I need to go through our cabinets. If I got rid of the dehydrator we never use, I would totally have room for a proper waffle iron.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I am actively working on not giving a fuck about work stuff like this. My pay is not tied to profit or year end financials. I make suggestions or present solutions. If people ignore me and do stupid shit, that’s their problem. Even if I have to fix their stupidity, that’s fine. I am fixing their fuck up not mine.
That's something I'm still working on, but admittedly suck at. I used to be way worse, I no longer work OT at all, I still need to be better about giving my opinion when asked and then giving less of a fuck what happens after that.

every time someone says "why don't we just 3d print it" i have to control the urge to get stabby
At times it's a very useful tool, but you have to know it's limitations. Designing parts around the ability to cleanly print in PLA or ABS when what you ultimately need to do it mill them out of tool steel is not a proper use of a 3d printer, it's just a crutch for guys who aren't confident in their ability to draw shit right the first time.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Dad: let's go by the Alamo to learn about the patriots

Me: the Alamo occured because Americans took over an area of northern Mexico, then started an insurrection because Mexico didn't allow slavery, which they wanted to continue.
Dad:...

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
I need to go through our cabinets. If I got rid of the dehydrator we never use, I would totally have room for a proper waffle iron.
I've been contemplating getting a dehydrator re: DIY dog treats as that shit is ///////money

Happy to send some Biden-bucks your way if you do decide you don't want it any more ;)

ETA: I may be able to trade for a waffle maker too, as my mom has gone cray-cray for QVC in her old age, and has a few of them...

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
We have a toaster and coffee maker on the small counter by the fridge. Nothing else... except all the "transient" shit that collects on counters. :busted:
Ours isn't bad, but we don't have a ton of space, either. Of course we have 2 coffee pots, so there is that.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Dad: let's go by the Alamo to learn about the patriots

Me: the Alamo occured because Americans took over an area of northern Mexico, then started an insurrection because Mexico didn't allow slavery, which they wanted to continue.
Dad:...
Go find the spot where Ozzy pissed on the wall. That's real history!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
”things are gonna change around here, I can feel it”
I'm a loser baby, why don't you pour syrup on me.

Dammit now I have Beck stuck in my head.

Was in Boise, now in Coupeville. Good stuff! Need more Mullet in my life.

I am the disappoint no one has brought corn dog wafflemaker into the chat...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Mines in the cabinet. The only appliances allowed on the new countertops are the coffee maker, the ninja and the kitchenaid.
I have an island for food prep. The other countertops have Microwave, toaster oven, electric kettle, espresso machine, kitchen aid stand mixer, rotating spice rack, two knife racks, and a 4 slot toaster. The food processors (2) blender, and shit loads of pots and pans are in the pull outs below the counter tops. Wife stays out of my Kitchen.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
What's QVC?
In my head I have decided it's Queen Victoria's Crumpet, pretty sure that will be it.

Second sick day in a row for me, went and got a 'rona test but the one I went to doesn't give you Influenza results. After almost stopping at a green light I figured I shouldn't drive further just to get more conclusive results, hahaha!

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Speaking of shit on counters, new coffee maker finally showed up. I’ve become entirely too dependent on Amazon, thing only took 5 days but anything not delivered next day feels like a goddamn eternity.

Now to figure out how to dial in the bloom and infusion settings.

53F03D51-F2AF-4DFC-B1F7-36632F970F94.jpeg

Coffee snob in 3, 2, 1