Quantcast

Time to Start Looking for a New Job

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I just found out that because I tried to use a photo of some oriental people in a Christmas ad for a mall here in Phoenix, the head of the malls property management company is very pissed off, and the owner of the company I work for is not going to back me up on firing the client on racist grounds.

Amazing.

:mumble:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
stinkyboy said:
I just found out that because I tried to use a photo of some oriental people in a Christmas ad for a mall here in Phoenix, the head of the malls property management company is very pissed off, and the owner of the company I work for is not going to back me up on firing the client on racist grounds.
Asians shop at malls too, right? People suck.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
stinkyboy said:

Amazing.

:mumble:
Who cares about racism when there is $$$ to be made. But yeah, get the hell away from there.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Suddenly there's art directors everywhere.
:rolleyes:

If the cheap pricks wanna pay for a photo shoot, or some nice rights managed images they got it, but until then they get what I can find at photos.com

:redX:

splat

Nam I am
stinkyboy said:
Suddenly there's art directors everywhere.
:rolleyes:

If the cheap pricks wanna pay for a photo shoot, or some nice rights managed images they got it, but until then they get what I can find at photos.com

:redX:
well generally photos from photos.com do suck! I know our old marketing Head used the gayest pictures from there.

and My response to the person saying about christmas in Saigon , turn the tables and call them racist.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
I don't get it it's a perfectly cute picture, It's not like they have an animatronic Buddha flashing the Texas A&M hand sign. I thought people wanted a little diversity in advertising anyway? Isn't it supposed to make the client seem less unfriendly towards minorities than they obviously are?

Must be stinking W******.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
start lookin for another job mate... tell em to stick it in their corn hole...

fvckin malls... they are full of dead people anyway... asian or otherwise :dead:

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
OGRipper said:
Why is "oriental" no longer acceptable but there are still lots of places selling oriental rugs? :think:
It is acceptable to call objects oriental but not people.

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=545754

We tell folks that call Willow oriental that she is Chinese. I've been told by a number of Chinese and Vietnamese folks that they find being called oriental offensive. That's enough for me to not use it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Echo said:
dude you dig anything with a pulse, we get it
Maybe he is overcompensating for something. NTTIAWWT.

I work with a dude that constantly tells me how hot his wife is and how much he likes to screw her. He is very metro and is a former priest. Something tells me he has a big secret.