Quantcast

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I am pretty much the opposite of a picky eater.
I eat anywhere and everywhere and I pretty much like it all.
That said, I think, in general, Chinese Buffets are the worst food on the planet. They take what is already nasty Chinese food, and then it sits their all day marinating in MSG.
At least some of them have soft serve ice cream so I can wash all that $hit out of my mouth.
I do love those sugar coated donut like balls.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I am pretty much the opposite of a picky eater.
I eat anywhere and everywhere and I pretty much like it all.
That said, I think, in general, Chinese Buffets are the worst food on the planet. They take what is already nasty Chinese food, and then it sits their all day marinating in MSG.
At least some of them have soft serve ice cream so I can wash all that $hit out of my mouth.
A bucket for monsieur?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I guess I am crazy.

I always tip tow truck drivers at least $20.
There is a BMW/VW/Mercedes mechanic (Autohaus Bayern in Beaverton) that said he would give me $100 for every car I brought him :D

I never recommended him again.

I haven't needed a tow in years, but after my experience, I do the same as well. It was a sh!tty job for the 6 months or so I did it.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
I've ways been confused by Chinese Buffet's as well, I will tip the girls who bring me a drink but nowhere near 20%.

I had one of those girls ask me for more tip in front of me. I left her a buck on a $6.53 china buffet. I was beyond disgusted and confused, I took my dollar back in front of her.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
A couple of weeks ago my teacher was telling this story about a part his friend held at his house, the kids were taking people's coats and my teacher took them aside and told them they should setup a tip jar with a sign that says "Tips, anything helps" and they ended up making a bunch of money....point being that people tip out of guilt. I only tip at sit down restaurant when someone is serving me food