Quantcast

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Jeebus, is that minimum wage in UT or is UT one of those fvcktard states where the waiters are supposed to make up the difference in tips?
:
Waiters are supposed to make up the difference in tips. It's bullsh!t. Hence, my inclination to work in any tip-heavy profession in Utah has been quite low. That, and Mormons are almost as cheap as guidos like TheTruth.

What was his UN before he got banned? I forget - he was one of PSP's retard friends.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
"Valet-only" restaurant. What does that even mean? They don't let you in unless you drive up and use the valet service?

Regardless, your excuse is pretty damn weak. All you had to do was ask the valet dude for some change. But that would have meant treating him like a real person, and that just won't do, right? Or is that you were embarrassed by the amount you wanted to leave? You keep saying it's not about the money - if that's true, you can leave more than a dollar.

NiGhtt

Chimp
Aug 18, 2010
"Valet-only" restaurant. What does that even mean? They don't let you in unless you drive up and use the valet service?
valet only usually means that the restaurant parking lot is only for valeted cars. If they want to park their own car, they can find there own spot in a different place.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
valet only usually means that the restaurant parking lot is only for valeted cars. If they want to park their own car, they can find there own spot in a different place.
I've been to a few places in the Bay and SLC (generally overhyped French "experience" restaurants) that have actual grounds and valet parking is required unless you want to hike half a mile in from the road.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
Waiters are supposed to make up the difference in tips. It's bullsh!t. Hence, my inclination to work in any tip-heavy profession in Utah has been quite low. That, and Mormons are almost as cheap as guidos like TheTruth.

What was his UN before he got banned? I forget - he was one of PSP's retard friends.
What are you going to do? Contact the FBI with my previous User Name?

"Hello? FBI? Yeah, I was on this internet forum, and I read that this guy doesn't like to tip waiters. So if you could arrest him immediately..."

You know, if the stick stick hurts that bad, take it out of your a$$ already.

BTW, does that stick have other little branches on it?

Last edited:

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
What are you going to do? Contact the FBI with my previous User Name?

"Hello? FBI? Yeah, I was on this internet forum, and I read that this guy doesn't like to tip waiters. So if you could arrest him immediately..."

BTW, does that stick have other little branches on it?
Ribbed spines, bitch. I don't fvck around with my S&M play.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Crap, next time I'm in SLC or St. George on business the airlines going to tip WAY better. Thats fvcking retarded, I don't understand how thats even leagal to do.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Nobody is getting the point of this thread. The point is that I forgot to bring paper money. All I had was four quarters. Now if you were a valet parker, or what ever they are called. Would you be happier with four quarters or nothing at all?
I would prefer pennies, so I could promptly fill my sock with them and proceed to pummel you.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
I'd rather walk 1-3 minutes than let someone I don't know drive my car.

But in that situation... I might not have tipped. He would have been mad at you for the pocket change, so why give anything if he's going to be pissed either way.

Expecting a tip is such a crock of **** anyways. Businesses should be paying their employees what they deserve, and if they go above and beyond what they are being paid to do (this hardly ever happens), then they may deserve a tip... or just a high five and hopefully their management acknowledges this with a pay raise.

And yes, I always tip between 15-20% at restaurants. I think it's bull****.

Last edited:

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Crap, next time I'm in SLC or St. George on business the airlines going to tip WAY better. Thats fvcking retarded, I don't understand how thats even leagal to do.
Be extra nice in SkyWest land, they get to put up with geezer Utah snowbirds all day.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
EDIT!:Nobody is getting the point of this thread. The point is that I forgot to bring paper money. All I had was four quarters. Now if you were a valet parker, or what ever they are called. Would you be happier with four quarters or nothing at all?
Just give him the four quarters. Better than nothing, and he has a problem, **** him.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Granted, I have never been much as a service industry worker, but I have been tipped 4 times in my life.

1. $20 when I worked at the pizza joint in high school
2. $2.65 by an old lady whos car I towed home from the Portland Zoo (she was very sweet)
3. $5 when I delivered a 1930's Rolls Royce to a car show for a regular customer

4. $20 for changing the 22" flat tire on a Portland Trailblazers Range Rover at 2:00AM

I tip usually for services, not at Starbucks or other coffee places where I stand in a line to order. If I didn't have paper, I would have been especially nice.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
You probably could have just locked your bike up around the back. Why have the guy park it for you if you don't have cash to tip him?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Be extra nice in SkyWest land, they get to put up with geezer Utah snowbirds all day.
Since they are picking up the tab when I travel I'm definitely tipping extra.

You probably could have just locked your bike up around the back. Why have the guy park it for you if you don't have cash to tip him?
Zing! :rofl:

My first job was bussing tables at a local restaurant. I always tip the wait staff well, especially if its breakfast. Breakfast crowds, especially Sundays, are the surliest, nastiest, hard to please bunch of fvckwads. If your waitress is still smiling when you come in for late breakfast/brunch, she’s a good liar.

Last edited:

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
Since they are picking up the tab when I travel I'm definitely tipping extra.

Zing! :rofl:

My first job was bussing tables at a local restaurant. I always tip the wait staff well, especially if its breakfast. Breakfast crowds, especially Sundays, are the surliest, nastiest, hard to please bunch of fvckwads. If your waitress is still smiling when you come in for late breakfast/brunch, she’s a good liar.
I always always make sure to be extra nice to my waiter and tip them well because they work their ass off. I will never send food back or ask for less ice in my beverage.

Scrub

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2003
NOR CAL, Sac/CoCo County
There was a small parking lot in front and the highway I was coming off is ranked the top 5 most dangerous roads in America. Look it up. Route 4 New Jersey.
So how was the food, did it taste like roadkill?

Oh nevermind, you said New Joysey. Go figure....that place is dangerous with all the Jersey Shore peeps and all.:rofl:

pZyteX

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
Amsterdam
...I will never send food back...
Wait isn't the whole point of going to a restaurant not having to lie about the quality of the food?

Coming back from holiday a few years back I decided to stop in Dachau, Germany, went to a restaurant and ordered the risotto. Wat I got tasted more like rice pudding than risotto so I sent it back. Being tired from driving all day I was willing to pay(including the risotto) and leave. But the chef wouldn't let me leave (not letting a dutch guy leave dachau:))till he made me the best damn risotto I ever had and then explained to me that the people that usually frequent the restaurant have no taste and preferred it the rice pudding way.

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
If you ever had a job that included tips you will always tip, but it will vary based on service. 20% in restaurants, 15% if they were average. 10% if they screw things up because they are airheads. Food showing up late is usually the kitchen not the waiter (unless it is cold.)

I don't tip at hotels, but I carry my own bags. Mainly because I hate making small talk with some 18 year old kid for a 27 story elevator ride and then the 300 yard walk of shame to my room. All my baggage is carry on, including most trips to europe and asia.

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
havent been parking cars in a few years now scrub...instead i say tip your bartender FAT and make sure your valet parked you where you can leave your car overnight and get WASTED!

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Since I still work in a tipping industry, I feel it all adds up. 4 quarters? Sure, thanks, hand it over, and it'll be added to the rest of what I've made. You know that whole "journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" comment? Well, being debt free starts $1 at a time...........

Damn, I feel so................. fill-a-sof-ick-ul.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Toss him the four quarters and apologize for having a lack of foresight. If it's a place you frequent often, tip him double next time.