Quantcast

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
I walked out of a resturaunt and I realized that I had no dollar bills to give as a tip, but I had four quarters. So I decided that it would be hilarious if I got in the car and said "Wait a minute kid, I got something for ya, then I reached in my pocket and pulled out two quarters." But I didn't do that. Instead I gave him no tip at all and he closed the door on my foot.

What does everyone think about tipping the valet service?

EDIT!:Nobody is getting the point of this thread. The point is that I forgot to bring paper money. All I had was four quarters. Now if you were a valet parker, or what ever they are called. Would you be happier with four quarters or nothing at all?

Last edited:

Scrub

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2003
NOR CAL, Sac/CoCo County
I think you may be too lazy to walk from the parking lot, that is unless its raining or snowing. I never use that service.

But wait, those 2 thoughts are almost obsolete here in California...

Maybe The Mad Haderer can post up

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Eh, in Utah, valets can be legally paid server wages ($2.13).

Even if you're one of those slime-of-humanity "I don't believe in tipping" people, would you really entrust someone making two bucks an hour to be nice to what's likely your most valuable possession? STFU and leave a decent tip.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
BTW, if a valet closed a door on my foot, I would ask him to step by the window, then I would open the door on his shin.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Tipping is such bullsh1t. Good customer service should be included with the price of the goods or services purchased. It's the restaurant owners responsibility to pay the wages of the staff, not mine. Sh1t, I would be willing to pay more for my meal if the waiters could be paid more so I wouldn't have to bother with tipping!

And yes, I do tip. But I try to never use valets, or other non food services that require tipping, and I don't eat out much (But I always tip when I do). I tip the pizza guy and the chinese food delivery guy well so my food doesn't arrive cold. But that's really more like blackmail than customer service.

And I always tip bartenders and pot dealers. They're the only ones I tip willingly.

Last edited:

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I tip my hairstylist.
I tip my bike mechanic in beer.
I tip my tattoo guy.
I tip the valet.
I tip the stripper.
I tip the pizza guy.

RatsAss

Chimp
Jun 25, 2010
Where the sidewalk ends...
If you are eating at the kind of restaurant that has valet service, and you are too lazy to get your own car, you should be able to throw the kid 5 bucks.

Let me guess, you expect your date to open doors for herself as well?

EDIT: My bad...I just saw you are from NJ...so that explains everything! :-)

Last edited:

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
I tip well for good service, poorly for bad service. Twice I have left a note as to why I didn't leave a tip. On one of those occasions, I even went so far as to leave a note for the manager on duty as to why a tip wasn't left.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
If you are eating at the kind of restaurant that has valet service, and you are too lazy to get your own car, you should be able to throw the kid 5 bucks.

Let me guess, you expect your date to open doors for herself as well?

EDIT: My bad...I just saw you are from NJ...so that explains everything! :-)
Isn't Bethlehem an extension of NJ? What are you 5miles from the border?
Don't you go to the Shore on vacation?

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
I walked out of a resturaunt and I realized that I had no dollar bills to give as a tip, but I had four quarters. So I decided that it would be hilarious if I got in the car and said "Wait a minute kid, I got something for ya, then I reached in my pocket and pulled out two quarters." But I didn't do that. Instead I gave him no tip at all and he closed the door on my foot.

What does everyone think about tipping the valet service?
Every once and a while I read one of your threads and each time I wonder if you're more stupid than Montashu.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I tip people because I'm not a cheap prick. But that's just me.

If all you have is 4 quarters, tell him. "This is all the change I have but it's better than nothing. I'll try to catch you next time." Or ask for change, "I want to leave a tip, but 10 bucks is a little much without unprotected sex. Can you break this?"

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
Eh, in Utah, valets can be legally paid server wages ($2.13).

Even if you're one of those slime-of-humanity "I don't believe in tipping" people, would you really entrust someone making two bucks an hour to be nice to what's likely your most valuable possession? STFU and leave a decent tip.
You know, if the stick stick hurts that bad, take it out of your a$$ already.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Tipping to me is a way to tell someone they did a good job, or a ****ty job.

Good tips are to tell someone they did a good jnob
poor tips are a way of slapping them in the face
no tip just makes you look like a cheap ass
great tips are for thsoe that truly went above and beyond

As far as tipping the Valet...... Look at how they drove your car, how long they left you standing there waiting to get the ticket from you int he first place, did your car smell when you got back in, is there half a tank of gas missing.........

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Tipping to me is a way to tell someone they did a good job, or a ****ty job.

Good tips are to tell someone they did a good jnob
poor tips are a way of slapping them in the face
no tip just makes you look like a cheap ass
great tips are for thsoe that truly went above and beyond

As far as tipping the Valet...... Look at how they drove your car, how long they left you standing there waiting to get the ticket from you int he first place, did your car smell when you got back in, is there half a tank of gas missing.........
...... is there a dead hooker in the back seat?

..... is there a LIVE hooker in the back seat?

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
...... is there a dead hooker in the back seat
Throw them a little extra cause you didn't have to do it yourself?

Sorry, but you are kind of a retard if you went to a restaurant where you know it's valet parking and didn't bring cash...

Or here's a thought, stash $20 in ones in your car for that unexpected occasion.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
Nobody is getting the point of this thread. The point is that I forgot to bring paper money. All I had was four quarters. Now if you were a valet parker, or what ever they are called. Would you be happier with four quarters or nothing at all?

NiGhtt

Chimp
Aug 18, 2010
I work valet once in a while and it sucks getting stiffed. If you can afford to go out to a decent restaurant, but not tip...that's kind of sad. Personally if I knew you showed up to the restaurant again, I would make sure I took at least twice as long to get your car. Some valets steal things, mess with settings in the car and even out joyriding too...

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I work valet once in a while and it sucks getting stiffed. If you can afford to go out to a decent restaurant, but not tip...that's kind of sad. Personally if I knew you showed up to the restaurant again, I would make sure I took at least twice as long to get your car. Some valets steal things, mess with settings in the car and even out joyriding too...
read post I just made.