Quantcast

Tipping.....

Sideways

Monkey
Jun 8, 2002
Asheville, North Carolina
Eating out: Tip the wait person 20% unless they were rude or were personally responsible for a bad dining experiance.
(The math is easy y'all, multiply by 2, divide by 10)

Drinking: Buy a beer, stick a $1 in the jar. If the bartender ignores you for some period of time, tip every other beer instead.

That's all there is to it.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Originally posted by mrbigisbudgood

Actually no

From Websters Ninth

debate - a regulated discussion of a proposition to the rules of parlimentary procedure - to argue - blah blah

there are several definitions but none them says anything about resolution
OK, from Webster's II, one of the definitions says:

Debate - to deliberate on.

Deliberate - To consult with others as a process of reaching a decision.

Decision - 1) Judgement on an issue under consideration. 2) The act of making up one's mind or making a conclusion. 3) A verdict reached or judgement pronounced.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Originally posted by BurlySurly

I think it sort of is man.

Isnt that generally what we try to decide in discussions like these?
Nah, I think we are just exchanging ideas. We all come from different backgrounds and have different social schema that we work from.
I dig hearing what other people think even if I disagree. I never fail to learn something. Hopefully people can learn something from me as well.

My goal is not to prove anyone wrong.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Originally posted by Sideways
Tip the wait person 20% unless they were rude or were personally responsible for a bad dining experiance.
(The math is easy y'all, multiply by 2, divide by 10)

That's all there is to it.
I couldn't disagree more.

First divide by 10, THEN multiply by 2.

Dammit.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by BurlySurly
HA!

The BMX Man has yet again bit off more than he could chew in an argument and weaseled out as soon as he felt the heat.

I love it!

Ahahahahahaha so true in soooooooooooooooooo many threads. I nominate BMXMAN for the RM Thin Skin Award. :p

tenaciousleo spoke the truth. :monkey:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by Dog Welder
Dude you don't know Donny at all and you think just by reading what he's written you can call him a cheapskate? Man that's messed up. I've had the pleasure of Donny's company on many occassions and NEVER have I ever even considered thinking of him in this manner. And to say you can tell if someone is a cheapskate by their body language and respect? Again I have NEVER seen Donnie disrespect anyone in a restuarant..in fact the opposite is true. If you scratch his back...he'll scratch yours. He is stating rational concerns and you folks are so quick to blast him. Jeez...this is a DISCUSSION...not an argument...there is a difference.
What else are we to go by?

Here are your friends own words:

"I just don't feel it's up to me to provide these people with extra income....maybe I'm just a cheapskate...but if someone want's a tip from me here's one.....get a better job that doesn't rely on other peoples kindness.....any other opinions out there....D"

"…who is the idiot that decided some how I'm responsible for supplementing someone else's income?"

"I DO tip a person when they go out of their way and do something beyond their normal job for me... It is not my responsibility to help someone who has CHOSEN to take a job that pays less than minimum wage..."

He asked a question and became indignant over the responses. Thin skinned monkey. :monkey:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by Serial Midget

What else are we to go by?

Here are your friends own words:

"I just don't feel it's up to me to provide these people with extra income....maybe I'm just a cheapskate...but if someone want's a tip from me here's one.....get a better job that doesn't rely on other peoples kindness.....any other opinions out there....D"

"…who is the idiot that decided some how I'm responsible for supplementing someone else's income?"

"I DO tip a person when they go out of their way and do something beyond their normal job for me... It is not my responsibility to help someone who has CHOSEN to take a job that pays less than minimum wage..."

He asked a question and became indignant over the responses. Thin skinned monkey. :monkey:

WERD!