Quantcast

Tips on Fixing a Flat Tubleless

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
The hole in the tube or tire? You can patch a tube with the stuf in the picture above or get self adhereing patches which are faster (park tools makes some). Or you can just replace the tube.

If there is a hole in the tire that is very big, replace it. If is smaller like a quarter the size of a dime, put shoegoo or other flexible glue/adhesive.
If you can't see light through it, leave it.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
mtnbrider said:
The hole in the tube or tire? You can patch a tube with the stuf in the picture above or get self adhereing patches which are faster (park tools makes some). Or you can just replace the tube.
this is about tubeless, read the title... :thumb:

stringcheese

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Golden, CO
I hope normal patches would work on it. That MBA article says how to do it with "Stans Fancy Pants Tire Chemical Treatment" but I don't feel like spending money. I'll see how a patch works tomorrow.

AlexYuen

Chimp
Jan 13, 2005
What??
stringcheese said:
I hope normal patches would work on it. That MBA article says how to do it with "Stans Fancy Pants Tire Chemical Treatment" but I don't feel like spending money. I'll see how a patch works tomorrow.
:oink:

doesn't work~~

stringcheese

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Golden, CO
Ok fine I'll go get some of that tire treatment stuff today. I thought it was something made by Stan's but I guess not. It's probably good to have a bottle of it laying around for when I need it in the future too.

AustinM

Chimp
Feb 22, 2005
blow dry the area you are going to patch, then patch as if it was a tube. Anything in the tread should be ok, sidewall is more touch and go.

Mike Stone

Chimp
Jul 15, 2002
Danbury CT
My experience has been that a patch will not work on a tubeless bicycle tire. The tire flexes too much and you don't have the tube pressing against the tire to hold the patch in place. Stan's or any fix-a-flat will work on a small hole, otherwise you have to replace the tire.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I would try Stan's, unless it some type of tear. Anytime we have a new bike go flat, we throw some Stan's in and the problem is gone.

stringcheese

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Golden, CO
sanjuro said:
I would try Stan's, unless it some type of tear. Anytime we have a new bike go flat, we throw some Stan's in and the problem is gone.

Was it you that posted pictures of yourself with those spd flip-flops you were dirtjumping with? This was a pretty long time ago, but I haven't seen those sandals anywhere else.