Quantcast

Tips on the Heat

Petite Fluer

Monkey
May 18, 2005
Arizona
stick your camelpack in the freezer the night before....and hit the trail nice and early....eventually you get aclimated to where you can ride when it's about 100 but anything over that I dont really mess with. Not too fun. I usually head to Flag, Prescott, Sedona, or White Mountains. Good thing about this state is that you can ride elsewhere during the summer then ride Phoenix all winter. Year round riding is hard to beat man I tell ya....

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Ice in the camelback is a good one. I also like to soak my shirt or armor in cold water pre or mid ride. It weighs you down a bit, but it certainly keeps the olde brain case at a reasonable temperature.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
Get yourself a good light a get ready to do some riding early in the morning or late at night. It doesn't matter what you freeze or how much you drink, turning those cranks in the desert in 100+ degree heat will kick your ass.

Best thing you can do is drink a lot on your off-days. Carry around a water bottle and try to drink at least 3 or 4 liters a day. Most people don't drink enough water throughout the week and if you start a ride dehydrated, there's no way you can expect to feel good 8 or 10 miles in.

Petite Fluer

Monkey
May 18, 2005
Arizona
Very true, when it's a buck + no matter what it's gonna suck. The challenge is to try and make it not suck so much. For me, i'd rather ride in Flag cause it rules up there anyways....get some. :brows:

Petite Fluer

Monkey
May 18, 2005
Arizona
Heck yeah. The top of Mt. Elden is about 9,500ft and Flag I think is around 7000ft. So it is very nice to head up there and ride as it is usually 20-25degrees cooler up there if not more. PLUS Homie, the trails RULE! Prescott too man....thats about 7,000ft, substatially cooler, trails everywhere freakin where, and about an hour and a half from Phoenix. Your gonna dig it dude. Your gonna be like :banana: all over the place and then a lil bit of :happydance: probably....