Quantcast

tire advice for a blur lt?

rogue22

Chimp
Dec 2, 2007
So this spring I will be spending a week in so cal with my friend who used to live there. He said you pretty much have to run dh casing tires for trails like tunnel.
So I have a blt that I will be riding out there, but my 2.5 minion dhr the center knobs hit the seatstay bridge.
What would be a good tire for socal that would fit?
I will most likely be running a 2.5 minion dhf on the front because i have it, unless that's a bad choice?
Tires I was considering with dual ply casing and might be small enough to fit in my swing arm:
2.2 michelin dh comp 24
2.35 nevegal dh
2.35 intense fro lite dh

what do you think?

Gopher

Monkey
Aug 26, 2007
Spokane WA
what about a DHF 2.35 on my tazer ive been riding a intense system 4 2.25 in the rear for trail riding and 4x and never had a problem but the nevegal i first ran for a minute got terrible slice's all over it.

rogue22

Chimp
Dec 2, 2007
Very rocky, slow climbs to the top of big mountains, with fast dh on the way down. I wouldn't mind running 2.35 on both, but I already have the 2.5 dh tires, and money is short so I wanted to buy as few tires as possible (especially since I have so many all ready)

Oh most guys who ride these trails ride full on FR/DH bikes, but I'm small and light, so the blt can handle much more aggressive ridding than for most, and we need more of an all round bike for the rest of the trails.

rogue22

Chimp
Dec 2, 2007
I guess a better question would be has anyone tried to run any michelin 2.2 tire with an iso of 54-559 on a blur lt?

Im thinking more about the michelin x'treme 2.2, any good?