Quantcast

tire help

Manifesto

Monkey
Aug 16, 2009
your moms basement
aloha amigos,
i've got a bald as **** minion dhf in the front and it's basically like riding a big juicy street tire. now i've got a basically new highroller on the rear, what would you fine gentlemen say for a dirtbag such as myself, do i throw my highroller in the front and rock a wetscream ive got laying around in the rear, or do i rock the wetscream in the front and use the HR on the back. ALSO trails are loamy, and/or dry as a 80 year old grandma.

thanks,
your friendly neighbourhood dirtball

edit: im broke as fawk so a new tire is out of the question

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
If they are loamy( I understand soft loam) Id go with the wetscreem on the front. Cut the spikes a bit so they wont fold and it should be a fine combo. I did it early season this year since my other tire was killed and it felt very good.

bholwell

Chimp
Mar 19, 2011
Knoxville, TN
If it were me, I'd trim the WetScream down and throw it on the rear, and move the High Roller to the front. But it really depends on your riding style which you'll like like better.

Why not do a conservative trimming, then experiment with tire position?

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
What size are they? 26x?? That may influence your decision a bit.

If they are approximately the same width, I would trim the WSs a bit and run them up front. If the WSs are narrower, I would run them in the rear....just comes down to personal preference.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
What size are they? 26x?? That may influence your decision a bit.

If they are approximately the same width, I would trim the WSs a bit and run them up front. If the WSs are narrower, I would run them in the rear....just comes down to personal preference.
Even a 2.5 scream is really damn narrow. You shouldnt look at that tough as on soft ground it will never drift while the hr will. Thats why Id rather have it on the front.

staike

Monkey
May 19, 2011
Norway
I hate running narrower front than rear tires.
I hate running grippier rear than front tires.

I can't give you a good anwer.

landcruiser

Monkey
May 9, 2002
San Jose, CA
^agreed with staike. Thankfully the wetscream's a 60 so it's not as soft/grippy as it could be.

If I had to ride that combo in the dry, I'd try trimming the wetscream center down to 4mm or less, trim the sides down to 7mm or so, and run it in the rear.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
OK if that scream is a 60a than rear only. Though the whole narrower tire in the front thing is imho BS. Its the grip that matters, not what a ruler tells you.