Quantcast

Tire Inserts

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Fuck Schwalbe and their douchey IP theft. Flat out stole the patented moto product from a one man show and let him tie it up in court for a while.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Fuck Schwalbe and their douchey IP theft. Flat out stole the patented moto product from a one man show and let him tie it up in court for a while.
Hadn't heard that.sorry to hear that..
but I do love their tires...
I've seen too many guys including a family friend get screwed over Same way by home Depot...still buy stuff there but know where to out em morally...

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Gonna start off 18 front 22 rear 70psi inner.
Mounted way easier than I thought and the 823 mavic was the only one to give me crap...that tire kept trying to fight off the rim as I went around...1 c-clamp problem solved...procore is easy to use...I did take it out and slam tire into curb at speed...it didn't clank like usual even at 28psi....so that's a good thing.

I will be building a lighter wheelset up and run a slightly lighter magic Mary (super soft front);big Betty (soft rear) ..this will make wheelset even lighter than before..
20210730_154102.jpg

20210730_163019.jpg

20210730_163035.jpg

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
18 & 22 sound very soft for your weight and sends. I would think you’d need to be at least 3 or 4 psi higher for the rocks and SG casing.
Yeah I'll play around with it for sure...i did run around and slam stuff...love the density of it...just absorbs small stuff and tops off square edges

I'll see how it handles the rocks and jumps tomorrow and just be prepared to take your suggestion and go 20/24 or so...your probably right...

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Ride report:
(For jumps and drops I'll up pressure a little)

18psi front 20psi rear 70psi inserts
(Dry ruts, flat corners, rocks, chatter, fast dust corners and rocks)

Rode Daley today with wife not hard but ball bearing dusty flat corners some rocks and usually a slide fest...
Noticed weight a little pedalling up was still able to pedal the whole thing pretty easily.
Ride wise - procore is like cheating...

Traction was amazing no ding noises on any rocks...was dead silent tire wise....it acts Like old school stick-E maxxis DH casings...sucked up the small chatter and absorbed all the little crap...

Usually I have to have a finger on brake and whip ass end through a shifty section I haven't been able to go past 27mph in this section...I checked when I was through, I was right at 31mph and finger never left bar was on grip whole time...used the feel instead of brakes to get though it..

What I did notice is coming off the hill I can usually get ass end loose to drift then when it hooks I 2 wheel drift the other way...it was harder to drift it held line alot better....

So if I have any issues and they aren't squat so far...I'd say install but that was SUPER easy and fast...rolling resistance pedalling up which I don't do alot of unless I'm riding with wife and it was totally doable...I'm always down to grind and the tougher it gets makes me want it more...so no real complaint there either...price was cheap so no complaint there either..

At 240lbs and rear at 20psi i did get some tire whrrrr noise from folding lugs as I cornered really hard...never broke loose but I kept thinking it was my original Jedi when I flexed rear triangle lol...dont think it flexed rear wheel into triangle. I'll look but my guess is rolled lugs when pressed hard...

Last edited:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Ride report:
(For jumps and drops I'll up pressure a little)

18psi front 20psi rear 70psi inserts
(Dry ruts, flat corners, rocks, chatter, fast dust corners and rocks)

Rode Daley today with wife not hard but ball bearing dusty flat corners some rocks and usually a slide fest...
Noticed weight a little pedalling up was still able to pedal the whole thing pretty easily.
Ride wise - procore is like cheating...

Traction was amazing no ding noises on any rocks...was dead silent tire wise....it acts Like old school stick-E maxxis DH casings...sucked up the small chatter and absorbed all the little crap...

Usually I have to have a finger on brake and whip ass end through a shifty section I haven't been able to go past 27mph in this section...I checked when I was through, I was right at 31mph and finger never left bar was on grip whole time...used the feel instead of brakes to get though it..

What I did notice is coming off the hill I can usually get ass end loose to drift then when it hooks I 2 wheel drift the other way...it was harder to drift it held line alot better....

So if I have any issues and they aren't squat so far...I'd say install but that was SUPER easy and fast...rolling resistance pedalling up which I don't do alot of unless I'm riding with wife and it was totally doable...I'm always down to grind and the tougher it gets makes me want it more...so no real complaint there either...price was cheap so no complaint there either..

At 240lbs and rear at 20psi i did get some tire whrrrr noise from folding lugs as I cornered really hard...never broke loose but I kept thinking it was my original Jedi when I flexed rear triangle lol...dont think it flexed rear wheel into triangle. I'll look but my guess is rolled lugs when pressed hard...
Now I hate you even more. :busted:

In answer to your previous question, Nope, SW Ontario with no easy access to any foreign :monkey: ...and I don't want to get into hassling yous guys with having to deal with international shipping. There is always something that is a killer deal that we can't get or hell just replacement parts. I still can not find anybody that has Feedback Sports replacement jaws for the ultimate clamp head. US - no problem. Canada - distributor that Feedback says can set me up says - "err what'r those? We have replacement clamp heads" Don't even talk to me about a new foam frame for my Leatt goggles. :mad:

Glad you are enjoying your new toys.
Really happy they are working for you :disgust:

:busted:

Thanks for the review, they sound like what I need to help kill the vibration and buzz that plays hell with the nerve damage in teh handz.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Now I hate you even more. :busted:

In answer to your previous question, Nope, SW Ontario with no easy access to any foreign :monkey: ...and I don't want to get into hassling yous guys with having to deal with international shipping. There is always something that is a killer deal that we can't get or hell just replacement parts. I still can not find anybody that has Feedback Sports replacement jaws for the ultimate clamp head. US - no problem. Canada - distributor that Feedback says can set me up says - "err what'r those? We have replacement clamp heads" Don't even talk to me about a new foam frame for my Leatt goggles. :mad:

Glad you are enjoying your new toys.
Really happy they are working for you :disgust:

:busted:

Thanks for the review, they sound like what I need to help kill the vibration and buzz that plays hell with the nerve damage in teh handz.
That sucks...

Yeah I ordered another set of each so I have future sets ..I didn't use the blue I used stans...hopefully ammonia doesn't wreak havoc...

Yeah robbins gets rubber bladders and cap for reservoir on ccdb up there for half what I pay here

Waiting for his guy to get some and I'll have it shipped from Ferndale Washington...
Man wish I had my parts for my feedback I had a replacement setup minus stand I'd have given you...someone stole my box, gear and bag out of my garage...

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Cushcore no longer makes the 26" size.
That may explain why I can find a couple of 26" double kits, not a single 26" to be found anywhere. Single 27.5 for the front is no problem.

So...

Anybody have an old 26" laying around that you may want to part with?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Cushcore no longer makes the 26" size.
That may explain why I can find a couple of 26" double kits, not a single 26" to be found anywhere. Single 27.5 for the front is no problem.

So...

Anybody have an old 26" laying around that you may want to part with?
where are you finding the double kits?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Zee Germans have stock and ship to Canuckistan, but alas I only need one, and budget is a concern.

yea, i remember looking into it. with shipping charges being what they are its really only worth it if you are getting multiple sets.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Well headed to ride the spot with the STUPID ROCKS that started this whole insert thing for me... I'm curious to see how the procores fare this evening at that spot.

Should fare well, I rode em already in another rock section and trails east of us and LOVE EM.....quiet, tracked amazing, less chatter..

So time to take it up a notch, trail isnt hard, just nasty as hell and unforgiving..great to dial suspension in...

Tonights hit list:
-rutted rocky berms
-flat corners in the steeps
-if they clang and bang on the sharp rocks
-how they handle drops to rocks
-if I get a flat or puncture one

Tires were dry on beads last ride....I ALWAYS burp a bead and leak sealant if it doesn't do it in hard corners I get it to do it when slamming around or G-outs...

So thanks to everyone who answered and tips for this....

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Well headed to ride the spot with the STUPID ROCKS that started this whole insert thing for me... I'm curious to see how the procores fare this evening at that spot.

Should fare well, I rode em already in another rock section and trails east of us and LOVE EM.....quiet, tracked amazing, less chatter..

So time to take it up a notch, trail isnt hard, just nasty as hell and unforgiving..great to dial suspension in...

Tonights hit list:
-rutted rocky berms
-flat corners in the steeps
-if they clang and bang on the sharp rocks
-how they handle drops to rocks
-if I get a flat or puncture one

Tires were dry on beads last ride....I ALWAYS burp a bead and leak sealant if it doesn't do it in hard corners I get it to do it when slamming around or G-outs...

So thanks to everyone who answered and tips for this....
:popcorn:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
tried to put on tannus inserts. no bueno. gave it to my mechanics. they gave up :banghead:

gonna ride now dd front/rear without inserts in my holiday, wish me luck :dead:
Glad it wasn't just me who had fun with them. What tyre/rim combo?

Cerberus75

Monkey
Feb 18, 2017
Back on Cushcore. The Tannus kept giving me a bad wobble. I'd fix it and than the other wheel would start wobbling. I'm not messing with them every other ride

SkullCrack

Monkey
Sep 3, 2004
PNW
Back on Cushcore. The Tannus kept giving me a bad wobble. I'd fix it and than the other wheel would start wobbling. I'm not messing with them every other ride
Having the same issue with mine. The wobble on the back has gotten pretty crazy. What were you doing to fix the wobbles?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Managed to burp the front wheel pretty good but NO rim smacks I did rash rear wheel a bit but the edge held fine...rear did not burp...bike was damn near silent going through rocks and no flats..
Usually both front and rear are coated and really wet from burps even higher PSI..so I consider this a massive win and easy to remedy..

Front 18psi 70psi inner
Rear 22psi 70psi inner

Front I will leave the 18psi and take inner up to 80psi to pinch bead a bit more

I did have to lay off front brake that SOB grabbed more than before...tapped it and it gripped ground...

So I'll up the front inner psi...

Did feel the rolling resistance peddling with low psi....if I know I'm pedalling a bit more or jumps I'll up the psi a few...I had a hard time carrying speed into top of rocks and boosting over stuff. It was stuck to ground and did lack a bit of pop due to lower psi but man it blew through rocks amazing and silent.

Man it was alot more controlled in the shit we call rocks and chatter...it literally was like I tuned the fork for small stuff....WIN WIN....
20210804_192732.jpg
20210804_192759.jpg

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I have definitely punctured, torn, sliced, and worn tires recently. And exploderated two rims, likely due to too low pressure…but curiously, no burps that I can remember. There must have been a few, maybe I just didn’t notice.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Managed to burp the front wheel pretty good but NO rim smacks I did rash rear wheel a bit but the edge held fine...rear did not burp...bike was damn near silent going through rocks and no flats..
Usually both front and rear are coated and really wet from burps even higher PSI..so I consider this a massive win and easy to remedy..

Front 18psi 70psi inner
Rear 22psi 70psi inner

Front I will leave the 18psi and take inner up to 80psi to pinch bead a bit more

I did have to lay off front brake that SOB grabbed more than before...tapped it and it gripped ground...

So I'll up the front inner psi...

Did feel the rolling resistance peddling with low psi....if I know I'm pedalling a bit more or jumps I'll up the psi a few...I had a hard time carrying speed into top of rocks and boosting over stuff. It was stuck to ground and did lack a bit of pop due to lower psi but man it blew through rocks amazing and silent.

Man it was alot more controlled in the shit we call rocks and chatter...it literally was like I tuned the fork for small stuff....WIN WIN....
View attachment 163060View attachment 163061
I want to say I ran the max psi inner. Is that 80psi? Don't remember. I do remember some folks saying doing that on carbon rims would void any warranty. I had Roval (specialized's brand) of carbon wheels. No issues.

You commenting on how it feels like "cheating" brings me back :) Ahh, those were the days. I think I actually raced that set up (enduro) and got my best result. (I was also actually fit back then, too). So there's that. Have fun and enjoy!

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
I just realized this, full on Tubliss rip off! No wonder Schwalbe means "swallow", bunch of knob slobbers...

So, being that it is like Tubliss for moto, it mostly just keeps the tire seated, and allows you to run super low PSI. But I don't think it would do much for sidewall support. Are you running DH style casing @bullcrew ?

On the moto it's less of a problem as the sidewalls are burlier to start with, but when I run Tubliss @ 8psi in the rear, you can feel is squirming around much more than using a tube.

I imagine an EXO type casing would be ultra squirrelly on a bike.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I just realized this, full on Tubliss rip off! No wonder Schwalbe means "swallow", bunch of knob slobbers...

So, being that it is like Tubliss for moto, it mostly just keeps the tire seated, and allows you to run super low PSI. But I don't think it would do much for sidewall support. Are you running DH style casing @bullcrew ?

On the moto it's less of a problem as the sidewalls are burlier to start with, but when I run Tubliss @ 8psi in the rear, you can feel is squirming around much more than using a tube.

I imagine an EXO type casing would be ultra squirrelly on a bike.
Super gravity and the sides aside of some lug buz rail corners...it felt good....I may set up another set with full DH for the races...
I could run this set up for DH it was solid...

Cerberus75

Monkey
Feb 18, 2017
Having the same issue with mine. The wobble on the back has gotten pretty crazy. What were you doing to fix the wobbles?
Sometimes I would let the air out and squeeze the tire and insert sometimes remount it with soapy water on the insert. But run through a rock garden and it would come back. And you can feel it at a decent speed. They're perfectly round off the rim. So it's strange I think the part that locks into the bead comes out.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
Sometimes I would let the air out and squeeze the tire and insert sometimes remount it with soapy water on the insert. But run through a rock garden and it would come back. And you can feel it at a decent speed. They're perfectly round off the rim. So it's strange I think the part that locks into the bead comes out.
What size are you folks having issues with?

Reason I ask is that I just got a 27.5 Tannus, previously only used 29"
The 27.5" is notably looser on the rim, like it just flops on. The Qty3 29" ones all require some effort to seat onto the rim.

Cerberus75

Monkey
Feb 18, 2017

The 27.5" is notably looser on the rim, like it just flops on. The Qty3 29" ones all require some effort to seat onto the rim.
I'm on 29er. Mine were tight on the rim as well.

SkullCrack

Monkey
Sep 3, 2004
PNW

Mine are 29” as well, and were a real pain in the ass to get mounted.