Quantcast

Tire question

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
What sort of tire should I run for mountain biking in Southern France and then in Willingen? I'm not sure what the dirt surface is like, is stuff really rocky or sandy or what??

Anyone?

PGR

Chimp
Sep 12, 2001
You are racing XC right? In Willingen it's dirt, ruts, fireroads with sand and gravel. If it's been raining, there will also be muddy. Not clay-like mud, just slippery.

I don't know which tires to run for XC as I don't ride that, but for downhill I'd say a 60A HighRoller rear, and a 50A Mobster front.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by Endo Verendo
From what I gather it's a freeride-ie kind of race. I'm bringing my XCE with Vertical Pro 2.3's in front. I thought you only raced with Fire XC's anyway?
No, I'm trying to get away from that.

Oct 2, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by Endo Verendo
From what I gather it's a freeride-ie kind of race. I'm bringing my XCE with Vertical Pro 2.3's in front. I thought you only raced with Fire XC's anyway?
Im not sure what to expect from that race. Even though it starts from the top of a mountain, there is still about 5000 feet of climbing and 9000 feet of descending.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by Captain Cogset

Im not sure what to expect from that race. Even though it starts from the top of a mountain, there is still about 5000 feet of climbing and 9000 feet of descending.
Expect the adventure of your life!! Hey, are you filling out the Germany race forms today? I'll email Joe about registering for this race again.