Quantcast

tire question

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
I ran Der Kaiser for a few months last year in varying conditions (front and rear) and was pretty impressed, very predictable, long wearing, stiff sidewall. I did find it a bit slow rolling compared to a Minion (my long time tire of choice) and it was significantly beefier than the claimed 1000gm weight and quite a bit wider than the 2.5 claimed width (almost 2.7iirc) I am going to be running Conti's all season and The Rubber Queen is the next on my list to try, a bit narrower at a claimed 2.4 and a better tread pattern for the dry fast trails I usually ride. Overall I would say it would be a good front tire and if they mad it in a 2.35 I would run it front and rear in an instant but I will wait until they do.

Tayrob

Monkey
Jan 3, 2008
I ran the 2.5 Dissent(front and rear) all last summer.Really liked it for the faster really dusty trails we have in Nor Cal during summer,tried it once in some semi-damp early winter stuff and quickly took them off.The 2 ply+Inner peace sidewall is killer,much thicker then a Maxxis,altough they could stand to soften the rubber compound a bit...saying that they did last all summer and are still in ok shape.They did change the tread pattern for 2010 which is suppost to help with winter weather riding.