Quantcast

Tire recommendations for BB?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Though I have been riding XC for a loooong time, I am just now geting back into DH. I am building a 2001 Yeti DH9 and am at the point where I need to buy soem tires. What are you all running on your DH bikes. I don't plan on getting out of So Cal this season so I really need So Cal /BB specific recommendations. Any help is mucho appreciated! Thanks!

Mike...

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Maxxis are good; mobster highroller combo. They rail until you hit a distinct breaking point at which they wash, in my experience.

Tioga DH Pro/White Tiger don't carve so much, but hold on a lot longer...perfect once you're used to drifting in the dust up there. Michelins are the same way. I like Michelin myself. 32/24 combo or 24/24 combo. Last a hell of a lot longer than Tiogas.

This one's an old topic; you'll probably find a lot of info if you search (that is, if the info wasn't lost in the site switch).

MD

Edit: Yeah, what Eigel said...newer Kendas are getting a big following up there.

dhjill

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
SD Cali
Maxxix Minions are the bomb for BB...High Rollers are a close second. Another good combo if you want a little less rolling resistance is a Minion or a High Roller up front with a Larsen TT DH in the back. Larsen's hook up a lot better than they look like they would. Have fun!!!

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Hookworms own Westridge! :rolleyes:

Dude, 909's! Any tire labled after the area code automatically rules there :p
I'll find out if thats true this weekend....

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
Ciaran said:
Though I have been riding XC for a loooong time, I am just now geting back into DH. I am building a 2001 Yeti DH9 and am at the point where I need to buy soem tires. What are you all running on your DH bikes. I don't plan on getting out of So Cal this season so I really need So Cal /BB specific recommendations. Any help is mucho appreciated! Thanks!

Mike...

I got plenty of Tires for sale...let me know...you live in Pasadena right? I can deliver!