Quantcast

Tire Rotation?

Well, if you're running the same tire on the front and rear of your bike, you certainly COULD rotate them, as long as you pay attention to direction (if it's directional tread). You'll find the rears wear out much more quickly than the fronts, so rotation will even that out a bit.

However, even if you are running identical tires f/r, here's a thought why NOT to rotate: you want a nice, sharp tread front tire and if you leave that one up there, it will last a long time. You'll round the knobs and wear out the rear tire this way, but will shorten the time between tire replacement...maximizing the time you're riding with a good rear tire. If you rotate the tires, at some point you'll be riding for a while on mediocre tires front AND rear. This way, you only get that way on the back, for the most part, and you can save worn rears for road-training.

NRSracer

Jamis Slayer
Sep 7, 2001
Baltimore
i asked this question a while ago and somebody told me that if the rear tire was in too bad of shape, that the front tire could blow:confused:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
If they are the same tires.....I would run them until one (most likely rear) needs to be replaced. Then I would swap the front tire to the rear and put the new tire on the front. No need to toast the brand new tire right away :)