Quantcast

tire suggestions

rockracing

Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Cape Town, South Africa
needing to get a new set of tires, due to financial constraints I need that magical "good on everything" tire.

Have been on Python Golds for the last 6 months, quite happy, should I go with them again ?

was looking at the Michelin Wildgripper XL 2.0 (I think) also a "large volume low profile" tread, but they're a tad too pricey.

anyone got anthing they would like to suggest ?

btw, lightweight XC rider on a hardtail, racing laps and marathons (if they're not too long ;) )

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by rockracing
needing to get a new set of tires, due to financial constraints I need that magical "good on everything" tire.

Have been on Python Golds for the last 6 months, quite happy, should I go with them again ?

was looking at the Michelin Wildgripper XL 2.0 (I think) also a "large volume low profile" tread, but they're a tad too pricey.

anyone got anthing they would like to suggest ?

btw, lightweight XC rider on a hardtail, racing laps and marathons (if they're not too long ;) )

can't g wrong w/ the pythons yo

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I like pythons for slickrock and very hard packed trails. When things get loose or muddy nothing beats the Maxxis Swampthing.

rockracing

Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Cape Town, South Africa
bad news: LBS outta stock of pythons

good news: they got Michelin Comp S Light

better news: the price has come down !

best news: they weight 480-something grams

now whats the diff between the all black version and the one with the blue stripe on the sidewall, is it just '03 and '04 product ?

mcl2u2

Chimp
Oct 24, 2003
KY
I ride tubeless and just bought a set of Maxxis Ignitor tires. Haven't got them yet. Anyone tried these?

Softy

Monkey
Apr 22, 2003
Don't call it a come back
Kenda Kharisma are fast and light. The lowprofile knobs last and grip way longger than they look like they would. Even raced them with 3 months hard training on them with no loss of traction when the edges were worn off the knobs. The snake skin under must really work.

I use them in SoCal where the conditions are dry,rocky and loose over hardpack with confidence. Great race tires that may appear skinnier than advertised.

Tubless is the way to go also with the standard tyre and Stan's NoTubes.