Quantcast

Tired of the Technical

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Rode Geronimo and Holbert yesterday. One good crash = sore hand, arm & knee, 6 new post holes in my left calf and a bent rotor. It was was a fun group of riders and a killer time, but where in the hell can I find some fast rolling single/doubletrack with jumps and not so much technical action?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
not sure about jumps because it's been so long since i've been there, but point yr vehicle north, drive for 120 minutes, and start climbing mt elden. there's a lot of great flowy, swoopy singletrack to be had.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
stinkyboy said:
Rode Geronimo and Holbert yesterday. One good crash = sore hand, arm & knee, 6 new post holes in my left calf and a bent rotor. It was was a fun group of riders and a killer time, but where in the hell can I find some fast rolling single/doubletrack with jumps and not so much technical action?
Why not just go out to Pima and Dynamite or Hawes? Chances are you wont have the option in a couple of years.

We all took the 'original' Cactus Cup(pre ~'95) course at Pinnacle Peak for granted when we had it. Then they built houses over it and we were lost. I once saw it written up as the 12th best trail in the world (mag circa '96 or '97).

doAZido

Chimp
Aug 20, 2003
Glendale Arizona
Prescott you know is the poor mans Sedona, try Thumb Butt or Granit Basin for nice fast rolling and flowing singletrack, may be be a little cool in the morning right now, but about mid day it is prefect, and it is actually almost a quicker drive from my house at arrowhead to Prescott then it is to fight traffic all the way to S. Mountain to ride trails that I dont have the skill level to ride anyway!

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
menachite said:
Desert Classic!
Been over a year since I've been there. Isn't that the 7 miles up and 7 miles down trail at Mcdowell? I had my Klein up there, and just rolled it down. Dragging the 47.5 lb Kona up there might be worth it.

Shooting for saturday.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
stinkyboy said:
Been over a year since I've been there. Isn't that the 7 miles up and 7 miles down trail at Mcdowell? I had my Klein up there, and just rolled it down. Dragging the 47.5 lb Kona up there might be worth it.

Shooting for saturday.
Desert Classic is on the South side of South Mountain. You're thinking of Pemberton Trail.

markskee

Chimp
Aug 26, 2005
Los Angeles
Just in fresh from Cali! And now living in good ol Queen Creek AZ...
Well any way shoot me some pm's with some contact numbers or something, I am new to AZ I have never lived out here before or rode out here for that matter. Any help would be great I am open to ride Sat or Sundays early. I ride a Stinky freeride with a monster up front and I am willing to do some climbing and more than willing to do some downhill. I live close to 60 frwy and Ironwood exit. Is there anything close to me that I can ride? I do see some small mountains from my back yard?

Thanks!