Quantcast

Tires and Laguna Seca

tmargul

Chimp
Apr 10, 2002
I'm doing the 24 hour race and I have never ridden in the area let alone at Laguna. I'd appreciate any advice about tires. I'll be on a Titus Racer X.

Thanks

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Originally posted by tmargul
I'm doing the 24 hour race and I have never ridden in the area let alone at Laguna. I'd appreciate any advice about tires. I'll be on a Titus Racer X.

Thanks
I was there for Sea Otter and i would say go with Hutchinson Pythons or Michelin Comp s

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Originally posted by JMAC
I was there for Sea Otter and i would say go with Hutchinson Pythons or Michelin Comp s
I'd also add Larsen mimo's or, Tioga 1.8 xc sl's and skinny Mosquitos the the list.
Phytons were almos always the tires i wish i had there (not stinky tioga xc slicks).

Another tire that would be worth trying there would be the 1.3" Hutchinson cross comps, unless you're racing solo they would be pretty damn badass there.

Devoracer77

Chimp
May 8, 2003
Bend, Or
At sea otter i ran the continintal exploer pros with stans in the junior x cross country and short track and they worked good. But i also think semi-slicks would be the best choice. Maybe a Jet S in the rear and a Comp S light up front with stans