Quantcast

tires for portland/post canyon/blackrock

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i'm heading to portland next week and i will be riding post canyon, blackrock, and a few other trails. i'm running a schwalbe big betty in the front and a bontrager big earl in the back. i'm considering moving the betty to the back and running a maxxis advantage on the front. anyone care to comment on this tire selection? i just have these three tires, so don't tell me about other tires i should get, as i won't have time to buy new ones.

should i keep the current setup, or adjust? will the singleply advantage be ok on those trails? i've heard they are buff trails and thin-sidewall flats should not be an issue.

thanks

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
good to know. i've got the advantage on the front and the schwalbe on the back. i'll keep it that way in the case unless somebody has massive reasons to sway me.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
well, i'm here and the advantage works well in the front. i had it at post, blackrock, and brown's camp/uni falls. the schwalbe rear is doing quite well. i like it here. you guys have real dirt. not just the sand we have in socal.