Quantcast

Tires for racing 4x

Apollo_K

Chimp
Aug 16, 2003
Hey there, im building my first 4x/dj/dual slalom bike and i was wondering what tires you guys use for racing? size? I was thinking 2.35 would be best..any suggestions? Also chain guilde..Mr.Dirt or MRP and which MRP, the mini me???? Thank you for any and all inout!:monkey: :monkey: :monkey:

FlashBullit

Monkey
Dec 19, 2003
I would say you should get a maxxis mud tires there nice and gripy and you dont have to worry about that wet spot you saw on the track.
Dont worry that is spelled wrong

PaulE

Chimp
Feb 7, 2003
Sheffield, England
If you want fairly large volume but light tyres, try Specialized Enduro pros. Used a part worn front one with a 1.9" specialized XC tyre on the back at a race last weekend and they rolled nice and fast, but still gripped when the course thawed out and became real slimy.

Apollo_K

Chimp
Aug 16, 2003
I live in So.cal so i dont think or course will be thawing or gettin slimy an time soon..I ended up getting some cheepy kendas for only $15! I have yet to try them seeing as i just got the parts to finish my bike. For the chain guide I got a MRP bones Crank/ guide combo deal thing(System 2) A little pricey, but it just nice to have noce parts, also got Avid Mechanical bike. IM SYKED! Ill post pics tommorow, I have to go finish the bike now.