Quantcast

Tires for windrock this weekend?

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Doug/Joey

What are the current conditions at windrock? Dry or medium?

I currently have a DHF/DHR mounted and a DHF/Highroller on the backup wheelset.

Thanks

Chris

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Joey runs the DHF/DHR combo. I ALWAYS run DHF/DHF unless its MUD. However, with the rain and cooler temps I say the DHF/DHR combo should be just fine.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
terry jeffers and i spent all day up there yesterday working. got about two inches of rain for the first time in quite a while. we'll wait till fri. to leaf blow all the trails clean, so to keep as much trail moisture from evaporating as possible. it seems like no matter what the conditions are like, minions always seem to be the better chioce. i've also been running intense tires when it's bone dry. stable but sooooo slow you don't feel like you're going fast enough to clear the doubles. also doug; terry has busted his butt for two days getting all of dropout trail open. it's still a little raw, but very ridable with a new exit out to trail one.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
BKQuill said:
I wish I could get a hold of our tire warmers to bring along up there.
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
I wish you hadn't told me about those...now I'm gonna try to heat my tires up before runs....
what you need to do is next time you swing through, bring the electric tire cutter with you. :thumb:

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
bizutch said:
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
I wish you hadn't told me about those...now I'm gonna try to heat my tires up before runs....
what you need to do is next time you swing through, bring the electric tire cutter with you. :thumb:
I'll be getting it, I'll let you know when I do.