Quantcast

Tires + Low Seat = Messed up Shirt?

Farkel

Chimp
Apr 23, 2009
Union City, California
Just curious if anyone else deals with this... I have my seat low and occasionally sit down on it when coasting. Every so often the back of my shirt rubs against the tire and makes a bunch of black marks. oh well.. guess I shouldn't sit down as much

nwd_26

Monkey
Nov 29, 2007
Toronto, Onterrible
I ride mainly in white T-shirts on the baggier side of things, and I've got the tire buzz effect going on too. Doesn't bug me much, I just don't sit down much anymore.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Guys, this is a serious problem. Here's what I use to alleviate it, great product from a local company:

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
I always end up ruining shirts by doing my favourite trick, the 'overjump to faceplant'. I'm sure there are more than a few others who have ruined shirts in this fashion

Randomshot

Monkey
Mar 12, 2009
Ft. Collins
hahaha im glad everyone has great ideas to fix these serious problems were all having...id just loose the tire though seeing as its the real problem mabey use tanker tracks?

Jun 2, 2009
I like to let my shirt drag in my rear wheel as I ride past girls because the sound makes them think I am riding a motorcycle.:thumb:

Last edited:

poekie

Chimp
Mar 21, 2009
there's less than an inch between my tyre and seat and I haven't ruined any shirt yet..

I do have a stripe on my riding jeans from doing tucks though.

stino

Monkey
Jul 14, 2002
belgium
Just wait till your dick gets caught in there.
I actually saw this happen to a guy, he slipped from his pedals, landed with his ass on the rear wheel and got his dick slammed against the seat tube. never heard somon scream that loud, sounded like a hurt pig.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
And I did it yesterday. Not the first and certainly not the last time. I raise my seat so that I've got about 3-4 inches from the tire. I just shake my head at guys with millimeters between their seats and tires. At speed and coming down hard, that junk will still get slammed in there. It's just a matter of if you'll be able to get it out. :D