Quantcast

tires

max123

Monkey
Oct 18, 2006
currently on my MOb I have 2 krads in 2.3x24". It is soon time to replace them, or one of them, and I need to make a decision. Another Krad, or try a kiniption on the rear? What is the kiniption like compared to the krad? What about the tioga fs100's? how are they compared to the krad or kiniption? Im pretty much doing a little of everything, street, skateparks, dj, little slalom and mtn x but not really. Mostly street, skate parks, and a little dj.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
good lick finding a fs100 in the us in 24. my 26 fs100 kicked ass but had a weak sauce side wall that got a pinch in it without messing up the tube (wtf??). i will be running a kiniption up front as soon as i get home from florida with my super secret, ultra sick, smooth, no one knows about rear tire on my deathmobile.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
I really like my current setup - Maxxis Holy Roller 24x2.4 up front and a Tioga FS100 24x2.1 in the back. The Tioga was ordered at chainreactioncycles.com in the UK. It wasn't that bad of a process but wasn't that cheap either.

If you aren't that picky the Kiniption on the rear works pretty good.

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
i've heard from a few people that kiniptions really are not good tires if you are going to see any dirt use. don't know from any personal experience...halo twin rails are a solid

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
I've been looking at the Twinrails, the Kenda Small Block 8s, and the Atomlab Comp 3 tires. I don't even know what it is, but I've got a Specialized tire on the back of my Riot that I LOVE. It's 26" and has tread all the way down to the rim. Don't know if they make a 24" or not, but I really don't know how I could ever pinch with this thing. BURLY sidewall. But I've been wanting something with some small lugs. High pressue and smooth tires don't hold ledges well on foofs, etc...