Quantcast

Tis the season...

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
... for indoor bmx!

So my buddy, Josh Coplan, was partaking in a race last weekend so the wife and I went over to check it out. The track looked like so much fun, craving dirt in a bad way right now. Oh well, I'm not craving guys shutting down in front of me as I pedal at a jump, or getting pimped, cut off, or what not, but the dirt, very appealing.

Anyway, most of the footage is of the Expert class and the "BS" race (28 and over, open class and wheel size). Nothing to fancy but it gave me more of an opportunity to play with my camera, not to mention its fun to watch Josh race (he is the guy in a red and white jersey and blue jeans).

Enjoy! (and let the video load completely if you have a slower connection, the start and stop sorta ruins it if it has to stop and load)

http://www.vimeo.com/2912621

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Snapcase is the band but have no clue which song although I'm pretty sure it's been in a Square One video.

Great vid BTW - really good edit and vid capture. It brought back some memories of the indoor track I raced on back in the 80's in Northampton, MA - same exact berm and straights layout - our jumps weren't that rad back then. Just hearing the beeps of starting gate gets me fired up and I automatically snap my hands forward just sitting here :D

I have to commend the setup - they fit a lot of track into a small space and props to you bro Josh - looked like he was riding good.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Snapcase - Zombie Prescription

You probably caught in back in the day in the "Anthem - Home of the Brave" video. Wife punching or not I love that song (and the video).

Thanks for the comments guys, glad you liked it. I haven't raced BMX in a good 7+ years but I agree, good memories.

pete10141748

Chimp
Jan 21, 2009
Luton, UK
Nice vid mate, that looks like a nice track for a small space.

Make me want to call in sick and go buy my new bike right this second! lol

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
Snapcase - Zombie Prescription

You probably caught in back in the day in the "Anthem - Home of the Brave" video. Wife punching or not I love that song (and the video).

Thanks for the comments guys, glad you liked it. I haven't raced BMX in a good 7+ years but I agree, good memories.
the original Snapcase guitarist, Scott Dressler, is now an economics professor, and used to live in austin and was good friends with one of my buddies.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
I was going to check out a big comp in Madison, maybe you should do that instead of race :-) I'll let you know if that changes. (4seasons milwaukee on Saturday, 4seasons madison on Sunday if your around).

And tax returns are coming, maybe we can work something out with that for Rays.