Quantcast

Titus Supermoto

Discussion in 'Downhill & Freeride' started by jimbones, Apr 2, 2008.

1. jimbones

jimbones Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    I'm considering buying a supermoto. Ive got only $1500 to spend. Is that a good bike for Northeast lift served areas like Diablo, Killington etc. my other choiuce was an SX Trail but they are like $2800 used.:disgust1:

#1 -   Apr 2, 2008

Please register to disable this ad.

2. MMcG

MMcG Ride till you puke!

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 4
    If it is a newer Supermoto and complete for $1500 - that is a killer deal!

#2 -   Apr 2, 2008
  3. jimbones

jimbones Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Got it for $1200 a 2007 model. It has a RockShox 318, Avid Hydro 5's. It has Bontrager Rhythm wheels. I am not sure if they are any good

#3 -   Apr 3, 2008
  4. Stray_cat

Stray_cat Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Even if you don't like a few of the parts that's a really good deal. A guy I work with owns one and loves it. That being said he doesn't take it near lift service mountains, wouldn't be my first choice for DH either. But if that's what you got then hell, "wrung what you brung!"

#4 -   Apr 3, 2008
  5. ire

ire Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    1 / 4
    killer deal, post some pics

#5 -   Apr 3, 2008
  6. jimbones

jimbones Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Stray cat:

The bike has almost 7in of travel and at least 6 in up front. I agree it is not a DH bike but I am thinking that I could still use it at a lift served area and be "selective" about the trails that I use it on. i currently ride a Balfa bb7 and didn't want the overlap. The bb7 is not a good freeride bike, I hope the supermoto is a decent freeride bike (note: I am not aggressive and do not expect to be doing big drops but i want to learn.)

#6 -   Apr 3, 2008
  7. MMcG

MMcG Ride till you puke!

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 4
    That's a great combo of bikes! bb7 to kill it on the mountains and the Supermoto will be an excellent freeride bike!

Pics!!!

#7 -   Apr 3, 2008
  8. jimbones

jimbones Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    I literally just bought it and it is being shipped so I will get it next week. Pics coming soon. I will need to get a good chain guard. It has 2 rings, any suggestions for a good chain retention device.

#8 -   Apr 3, 2008
  9. SquadraCorse

SquadraCorse Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    I dropped the granny ring on my Funn FR cranks added an E13 SRS for a 32t sprocket. Looooooooooove it.

#9 -   Apr 3, 2008
  10. rdhfreethought

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    I have a SuMo. It will do more than I am capable of doing. I have ridden every trail at Whistler bike park and consider it a great Freeride bike. True DH bikes are overkill for a non-racer. There are more burly bikes for sure, but ti sounds like this will exceed everything you could want to do (like me). The only thing I don't like too much about mine is the lack of ISCG-05 tabs, so no hammerschmidt crank. I guess that saves me 6-800 bucks right there.

11. Iridemtb

Iridemtb Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    http://www.titusti.com/supermoto.html

Says there are interchangeable links to change what style of bike you have. You could just change the links, rear shock, and a few other parts and your good to go for a more dh setup.

I rode a yeti asx at diablo last year about 10 times and took it down every trail there (deceit kind of got a little too gnarly for the bike though). I am sure that will be a really fun bike at diablo though. That will probably be a great bike to shred on dominion, alpine, exodous etc...

12. Alex Nee

Alex Nee Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    hi i have a supermoto i will want to sell. But there is some scratches and color chip IMG_0112.jpg [/QUOTE][/QUOTE]