Quantcast

TLD Open face

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
You'd think given the chance to design a new open face helmet they would have done something more imaginative than that. The graphics and name are what will sell those helmets.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
When I first saw the protos I thought they looked cool - not insanely cool, but fine just the same.

Reminds me of the old JT helmets from BMX back in the day.

Looks O.K. to me.

All ya need is a JOFA mask and you're money...:)

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
jon-boy said:
The graphics and name are what will sell those helmets.
Yep.

I seriously see no reason to get that helmet. If you want breathability and don't care about your face, you get a skate or XC lid. If you want ultimate protection you get a full face. I guess you get this if you don't care about breathability or your face? Maybe it's for dirt jumping on cold days.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Zutroy said:
You're kidding right?
Nope. Have you never gotten the feeling when it's hot and you feel like you're dying in your helmet from sucking in all the hot air in your helmet, and then you put on a skate lid and feel like heaven?

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Bicyclist said:
Nope. Have you never gotten the feeling when it's hot and you feel like you're dying in your helmet from sucking in all the hot air in your helmet, and then you put on a skate lid and feel like heaven?

That's cause a skate lid covers a lot less of your head than that does, That's going to just like putting a D2 on

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
S.K.C. said:
When I first saw the protos I thought they looked cool - not insanely cool, but fine just the same.

Reminds me of the old JT helmets from BMX back in the day.

Looks O.K. to me.

All ya need is a JOFA mask and your money...:)

I was thinkin ECKO....

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I like it. Not for full on DH racing of course, but more protection than a skate lid/XC lid. I'm thinking that its perfect for hot days where the DH lid is just too much. Might be pretty sweet for Super D too.

coma13

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2006
regarding the lack of originality.... what design features would you propose to make a 1980's open face helmet more original? there just really isn't that much to it...

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
fiddy_ryder said:
I was thinkin ECKO....

I have a feeling that it will become pretty popular with the old school BMXers. It does remind me of the old Echo helmets that EVERYONE used back in the day. As a matter of fact, there is an old schooler who still rocks his orginal open-face Echo from back in the day.

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Yeah, not really all that innovative, but it's a start.

It's a damn shame that the Giro Semi MX went away, I don't want to look like a roadie and sk8 lids are ghetto, i don't want to look like my neighbor skate punk kid in his sister's jeans.

It costs TLD nothing to make these since they allready have molds paid for, do you realize how big the ski industry is? and the 50 market? And those Nascar pit crews... well not so many of those around.He he. The helmet has a ski style goggle strap on it.

I sure won't buy one but i really hope TLD comes out with a real mtb helmet in the near future.

The paint jobs are dope, and they are VERY comfy (duh) just don't look in the mirror!

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
leprechaun said:
Yeah, not really all that innovative, but it's a start.

It's a damn shame that the Giro Semi MX went away, I don't want to look like a roadie and sk8 lids are ghetto, i don't want to look like my neighbor skate punk kid in his sister's jeans.

It costs TLD nothing to make these since they allready have molds paid for, do you realize how big the ski industry is? and the 50 market? And those Nascar pit crews... well not so many of those around.He he. The helmet has a ski style goggle strap on it.

I sure won't buy one but i really hope TLD comes out with a real mtb helmet in the near future.

The paint jobs are dope, and they are VERY comfy (duh) just don't look in the mirror!
Yeah i loved the semi, THE has a new one out that looks pretty good, not sure it's on the market yet.

TLD makes these for the pit guys, little better vision than a standard D2