Quantcast

TLD SE helmet

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Anybody running the SE helmet???? I want to get one of the new versions of the SE: The TLD air. My question is how does the sizing run. I have a fat head 7 3/4 or 62cm's, which means I could get a XL or a XXL. How do people find they fit??? I've heard that the D2's run on the small side.

isabbisr

Monkey
Aug 9, 2002
NJ
Your best bet would be to go to a moto shop and try them on. I had a medium/Large and I have about a 7 1/2 head. They'll be snug getting on originally but once it's on it fits better.

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Your best bet would be to go to a moto shop and try them on. I had a medium/Large and I have about a 7 1/2 head. They'll be snug getting on originally but once it's on it fits better.

Ya no dice on that one. None of the local Moto shops sell TLD gear here.

seattle_hans

Chimp
May 12, 2008
aptos
get the large that should fit you fine!
i have an air se helmet i love it!
and i use the medium!
and i ware there biggest hat size and they use that as there control measurement!

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
I would think the large is way to small for me. More of a choice between the XL and the XXL.

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
I have a 7 5/8 hat size and run the xl. You can always add more pads, but not always take out any more...
Ok, so 7 5/8's and 7 3/4's are practically the same. How does the XL fit you? Snug, loose or just right?

Thanks

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
anymore feedback on this issue would be appreciated. I have no choice but to mail order. I'm thinking the XL should work for me. If the Med and Large share the same shell, then the XL and XXL must share the same shell. Therefore the only difference would be the liner? Correct?????

dh gangster

Monkey
Jul 31, 2006
P en Doubleyou
I have the new TLD SE History and couldn't be happier with it. I have a 71/8 hat size so the recommended was a medium. Thats what i got and it fits like a dream. Now when i put my old d2 helmet on to do my helmet cam(the mount is on this helmet) It feels like I'm wearing a half shell. I definitely like the moto helmet over the d2.

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
I have the new TLD SE History and couldn't be happier with it. I have a 71/8 hat size so the recommended was a medium. Thats what i got and it fits like a dream. Now when i put my old d2 helmet on to do my helmet cam(the mount is on this helmet) It feels like I'm wearing a half shell. I definitely like the moto helmet over the d2.
Ya I love the History paint job. If you could get the "Air" with that paint I'd get it. The TLD SE is a little heavier, and much more expensive then the Air. Its Between the "Air Crow," and the "Hot news" for me.

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
Dave mines a med/large you should try it on sometime before you purchase. Pm me on Ecmtb if your interested, ill get you a mad hookz up.