Quantcast

TLD T-Bone vs. 661 Kyle Strait - which covers more leg?

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Same as title, anyone had the chance to try both? I'm wondering which of them covers more leg/shin basically.

If people who have tried both prefer one for other reasons, I'd like to hear them also, but I'm mostly just wanting to know which one goes down further.

Please only reply if you have tried both.
Thanks in advance!

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
i rock the tld t-bone and it seems alot of mofo's who i dh with rock the 661's.it seems to me that there basically the same length and have the same protection. i don't have any complaints with my tld and i've heard no complaints about the 661. so you can't lose we either one.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
The only real difference is the material. The TLDs seem to last a bit longer since they are cordura vs neoprene. I did a full BMX knee slide on sunday and was impressed that they didn't slide down or tear.

isabbisr

Monkey
Aug 9, 2002
NJ
Well if you want one that cover more shin, why don't you just get knee/shin pads? I've never seen the TLD pads but if they're like the 661 pads they will offer little to no shin protection.

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
I own both and use both regularly. They come down the shin the same. The only differences I've noticed is the 661's are more comfy, yet offer less protection as the pads are softer. The TLD's have firmer pads and material, and are a bit stiffer but by no means uncomfortable. You will screw up your knee with a decent rock impact from either pad. I run these pads for fast, not super rocky areas, anywhere else I run the 661 moto knee/shins and the 661 pad lock; hard plastic shell, still pretty comfy, and takes twice the hit to phase me.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
just wanting to know which one goes down further.

Me too I'm always lookin' for one that will go down further....

I have the TLD's and have checked out the 661's they are the same design basically... besides what others stated padding slightly different.
I have two big scabs on my shin now where the knee pads weren't quite long enough, so understand your concern.

The best thing out right now is the Lopes Knee/shin combo, several of my friends are running them and they stay put and have great protection and not much binding at the knee.

Jonny5

Monkey
Feb 13, 2007
I found the tlds sat down further, but weren't as comfortable. Fit is pretty important though, and I think my TLD's were too big.

The TLD's offer better protection, but are not as comfortable as the 661's in my opinion. The TLD's also have more protection futher down the leg.

Your better off wearing knee/shin of course. The 661's sure as hell didn't even slow down the bolt on my rear deemax wheels last year when it went through the pads and ripped a 40 stitch hole in my leg.