Quantcast

TN & Laura...

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Are you going to the Wakarusa Festival in Kansas?

Just in case you havent heard:
Robert Randolph & The Family Band, Galactic, Particle, Jazz Mandolin Project, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Garaj Mahal, Big Wu, Split Lip Rayfield, The Motet, Keller Williams, Leftover Salmon, STS9, Robert Walter's 20th Congress, Derek Trucks Band, Benevento/Russo Duo, Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey, Hairy Apes BMX, Drums & Tuba… just to name a few :sneaky:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
dates?

probably not. tn's vacation time is getting smaller and smaller. besides the fact that we have very little extra money right now, with the new bikes and all. sounds like fun.

there is also this little thing called a private message that i am not opposed to using.:cool:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Originally posted by Cooter Brown
see laura has become nothing but a DH snob and will do nothing except that now :D

BTW, ya get that Jr. T on that Bullit yet?

i get it back tomorrow. tn tried to get it on but the first crunching noise i heard followed by a string of curses i took the bike, screwdriver, and hammer away from him and made him take it in to the shop.

really he just couldnt get the thing apart. it was a hit at the lbs. we dont have big bikes around here.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
Originally posted by laura
i get it back tomorrow. tn tried to get it on but the first crunching noise i heard followed by a string of curses i took the bike, screwdriver, and hammer away from him and made him take it in to the shop.

really he just couldnt get the thing apart. it was a hit at the lbs. we dont have big bikes around here.

Yeah, wait til ya take it out and folks start askin ya "Where do you ride that bike around here?" I get it all the fooking time

did you have an Azonic Shorty stem on your bike? I've had so much trouble with them, not being able to get them on/off

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Originally posted by laura

I got the perfect idea for a wedding present for him... a rubber mallet. perfect for wailing, no wait RESPECTIN', away on those less than cooperative bike parts.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Yeah, wait til ya take it out and folks start askin ya "Where do you ride that bike around here?" I get it all the fooking time

did you have an Azonic Shorty stem on your bike? I've had so much trouble with them, not being able to get them on/off

im not sure what kind of stem it is but i know that both of us, in a collective effort, tried to get that thing off and it was not coming off.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Originally posted by DRB
I got the perfect idea for a wedding present for him... a rubber mallet. perfect for wailing, no wait RESPECTIN', away on those less than cooperative bike parts.

a rubber mallet seems to the apropriate tool for dealing with anything/one that is less than cooperative. :monkey:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Laura think about it, you could probably get some more film of dirty hippie humping!!!

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
The Bottle Rockets are supposed to be there also. They used to be alt country but have more of a southern rock sound now (but not southern rock like Alabama Thunderpussy).

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Nah, I am not going. Aren't the other Tulsanians fans of classic rock/country? They would dig Slobberbone, Drive By Truckers, Bottle Rockets and Split Lip Rayfield.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by DNA
Nah, I am not going. Aren't the other Tulsanians fans of classic rock/country? They would dig Slobberbone, Drive By Truckers, Bottle Rockets and Split Lip Rayfield.

I'm pretty much a fan of anything but errbuddy in da club gittin tipsee, and any other song along those lines

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by golgiaparatus
I dunno if Coot and Ttgf would be into something like that... 3 day massive ass party with more great bands than you can listen to, drinkin, smokin', campin', and god only knows.

I personally would be way into it, however, my vacation time at work and my pocket book right now aren't

dammit:angry:

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
I personally would be way into it
Well what-dya-know. I figured you guys would be totally opposed to any partys that included music, much less drinking.

My mind is totally blown :D

Im sure you could scrounge the $$ together by june 20

website=wakarusafestival.com
Make sure you check out the "mountain biking" stuff under the "Wakarusa Activities Section". Apparently the lakeside trail will "challenge even the most experienced riders".

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Well what-dya-know. I figured you guys would be totally opposed to any partys that included music, much less drinking.

My mind is totally blown :D

Im sure you could scrounge the $$ together by june 20

website=wakarusafestival.com

well, we're already scrounging for the next DH race and it's june 26th, probably too close together to swing both

sounds like a large time though

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
It is at Clinton Lake, right? They have some great trails there.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
sounds like a great line-up but as la said $$$ is tight & vacation time is tighter.

We told cooter & vanessa that the next race they have to bring you or caravan. And I hear Eureka Springs is little hippy town so long hairs will be welcome. :D

Drums & Tuba rolled though here not to long ago, we missed the show but I heard they kicked ass.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Originally posted by TN
sounds like a great line-up but as la said $$$ is tight & vacation time is tighter.

We told cooter & vanessa that the next race they have to bring you or caravan. And I hear Eureka Springs is little hippy town so long hairs will be welcome. :D

Drums & Tuba rolled though here not to long ago, we missed the show but I heard they kicked ass.
Kinda bummed that I had to miss the Mena race...

I have a hard time sticking to a schedule, especially If I have to dedicate a whole weekend to it. I'm juggling alot of different things right now, playing music , riding, and work heaviest/hardest to juggle.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by TN

that's right, and they even have a limited travel class, so you wouldn't be racin against us guys with the pig bikes

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Whats the limitation? My ride has 6" rear 5" front? Does that still qualify as limited?
well you could ride either class, adjust the rear below 5" and ride the XC class, or leave it at 6" and ride the sport/expert/open class. the limit is 5" and below for the XC class

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
well you could ride either class, adjust the rear below 5" and ride the XC class, or leave it at 6" and ride the sport/expert/open class. the limit is 5" and below for the XC class
...or dont change it & sandbag us mofos racing hartails. :D