Quantcast

To 5.2 or not to 5.2

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
That is the question, And I am so friggin torn, I want one, but I dont want to fork the cash. Given I can get the EP which helps ALOT, but still thats alot of cash for me to drop.

Discuss!!! Convince me, or Pursuade me.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
you lost me dirty. were you still drunk when you posted this thread ? discuss , what the hell is a 5.2 ? you know i can only think with pictures.

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
He couldn't be talking about a road bike, could he? In the road forum?

Works at a bike shop? Madone 5.2?

Nah, that would make too much sense. :busted:

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Do it! A friend is on his second one for the year thanks to an idiot driver but it is a beautiful bike. He raves about the way it handles and he's harder than ever to keep up with though the bike is a very small part of that equation. For what it's worth they seem to be really strong frames as only the front wheel and fork crumbled when the driver pulled out in front of him. Trek deemed the frame unfit for use given the impact though and the guy's insurance covered full replacement. Little to no outward sign the frame had even been in the accident but given carbon fiber failure modes it was the only safe way to go.

He has the Pro: http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/2008/road/madone/madone52pro/

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
To fill in those we lost, Trek Madone 5.2 08. Its the new style with the 1.125 top heat tube bearing, and 1.5 lower, Integrated BB bearings, seat mast system ETC. Its a nice bike to ride, I have spent some time on them already, I just need some extra persuasion<sp> I would add a Link but someone already did!!!

And yes, I was still a bit drunk when I posted