Quantcast

to become a volunteer firefighter or not....

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
Very good point to bring up. Fear of heights. When I was doing my training (can't remember what the cert is called) basically so I could go into a burning building. I had to carry my friend of equal size and build, out a window, support him, and carry him down a 50' ladder. That was a lot harder then it sounds. Plus I was so scared to drop him when moving his dead weight out the window onto the ladder. So glad I only had to do that once...
My hands sweat a little bit from reading that. And I'm not particularly scared of heights.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
figure the same 10% will show up for most calls and trainings then you will get a bunch that show for some calls and some trainings. You will also get some old guys that cherry pick and only show up for the "good" calls, the rest are doorway dancers that are there for the Tee shirt and aren't worth didly squat
How long before he is allowed to post cool pics on the net? When do they teach that skill? ;)

Straya

Monkey
Jul 11, 2008
Straya
that seemed to be the case when i talked more with my neighbor. he said he doesnt bother to respond to the calls at the local mental hospital and rehab center since they are usually "false alarms."
My brigade stopped that kind of thing by just having the pager say "fire call' and not specifying what it was. Wasn't till you were in the truck and getting tasked that you'd work out what the go was.