Quantcast

To hell with sleep Saturday GMT

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yeah. To hell with it. I don't need any! But I'd really like some please.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Had weird impostor dream, where I was performing a surgery I’m clearly not capable of doing...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I on the other hand got a solid 8 hours of sleep for the first time in weeks. Coffee, chiropractor, now at a diner for breakfast with the family.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode 13 miles in NE chunk this morning. Not exactly chilly - upper 60s, and the riding conditions were mint. 10/10, I would bang again.
Any MA monkeys going to Nightshift's Oktoberfest today?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Of the 45 joists of my deck (at 12" spacing) 12 are rotted. End caps making up 2/3 of the length need to be pulled and replaced, but this time split into thirds instead of a pair to provide proper spacing for the railings. Almost all of the nails I pounded in earlier this summer have backed out substantially since, so connector screws are going in as replacements as I move along. This is going to make for a shit-ton of fun.

Hey @Nick you feeling bored? I've got beer and pizza!

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Got my CX bike all 'Grinder-like' to be a trendy SOB while my main Mt. bike is down.
Should be fun, 700 x 38 tires, new v-brakes. Gonna do a mixed medium ride tonight, probably will hear a bunch of Elk bugling, which is one of the world's great sounds.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Coffee in the shed. I need to get started on a new car port. I would much rather do other stuff today, but oh well.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
probably will hear a bunch of Elk bugling, which is one of the world's great sounds.
i forgot to drive through yellowstone thursday.

spent last night in fire lookout.

thank the lord for the clean shitter at st marys visitor center.

pissing rain.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Power's still out. Going on 20 hours. They're saying it may be a couple days since a major transformer station was destroyed.

I live downtown in a city of 1 million. Multi-day outages aren't supposed to happen here ffs.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Finished ride #2, 8 miles on demo bikes with a next door pal who is shopping. We were switching out two SC 29ers - a Tallboy and a Hightower. I didn't care about the Tallboy, it felt like every goddamned 29er I've tried before, but the Hightower was a fun ride. He is likely going to buy it.

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Finished ride #2, 8 miles on demo bikes with a next door pal who is shopping. We were switching out two SC 29ers - a Tallboy and a Hightower. I didn't care about the Tallboy, it felt like every goddamned 29er I've tried before, but the Hightower was a fun ride. He is likely going to buy it.
Hightower is a decent choice. I bought one back in December and love it. Took some getting used to with the bigger wheels and longer wheelbase then my 26” Knolly Endorphin. It is a fun ride on the steeps and really don’t notice a huge difference in cornering and tech than a smaller wheeed bike. Just took a little getting used to. He’ll love it

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Hightower is a decent choice. I bought one back in December and love it. Took some getting used to with the bigger wheels and longer wheelbase then my 26” Knolly Endorphin. It is a fun ride on the steeps and really don’t notice a huge difference in cornering and tech than a smaller wheeed bike. Just took a little getting used to. He’ll love it
Funny thing is, he is upgrading from the 1st Gen Knolly Endorphin. He loved the Hightower.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hell yeah. Buddy who had his bike stolen back in June, just won a brand new Norco.

He's going to give it to his son and pick up a Norco Sight in rootbeer.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
y u not bronsan?

nice ride on my fav local trail. still hot tho. took a few laps on the new velosolutions pumptrack afterwards. even tired and on my nomad not a single pedal. that thing kicks ass.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Power's still out. Going on 20 hours. They're saying it may be a couple days since a major transformer station was destroyed.

I live downtown in a city of 1 million. Multi-day outages aren't supposed to happen here ffs.
Damn yeah I heard about you guys getting pounded on the news today.

Hopefully you have flashlights.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, my "Gravel Curious" ride was a bit of a failure. The route selection was a washed out, golf ball size gravel infested, 20% grade mess. It was actually 1/2 the speed coming down (or significantly less) than going up (in 30/34 gearing). I guess the fact that I don't like
A) washbords
B) dust
C) hardtails
May not make the activity a perfect fit for me (around here).
Was fun to ride my 20 yo CX bike again, though.

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Nailed it cooking super thick ribeyes for me and the parents (3 year old took a few bites, too, but was more interested in watermelon). Then I played ok at my concert. Success.

Just found out I’m cleared to go riding tomorrow, too, as the kids will be away at a party at the neighbors. Any locals game for Mountain Lion, at the trailhead around 10:30?