Quantcast

To late in the season to buy a new bike?

Biter

Chimp
Jun 23, 2006
I was thinking about selling my hardtail frame and buying a Preston FR frame (its FS) I'm not sure if its worth it though. All the trails around here I can ride with my hardtail, I just think that the preston would for going faster on the DH without ruining the ride up.

Really, I think I was just wondering, does anybody buy there bikes late into the season? Or just wait until early the next one.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Typically there are better deals the further you wait into the season. Prices will be at a premium high when the models first hit the market. I say go for it. If you can get a good price, the Prestons have a great rep.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
It's never too late to buy a new bike! I agree with Rob, though. Wait for a killer end-of-season deal

edit: We both bought FS frames just after X-mas last year and built them up slowly over the winter. They were super cheap

Biter

Chimp
Jun 23, 2006
O.k, well I think I'm going to go for the preston. Anyone want an Orange Ms.Ilse frame?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
It is a great time to deal. At this point we have met all our sales demands and are heading towards a good year! Good luck.

Aug-Oct (and later if anything is left) is a great time to buy. Some manufacturers will have 2007 models available by October (not in inventory at the shops, but available to order). Of course if the bike your intending to buy is getting some sort of major upgrade for next year maybe you want to wait?? In your case it sounds like you should throw down some coin if you have a deal brewing:sneaky: