Quantcast

To Ride or not To Ride

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
That is the question...for you :monkey:'s that is. This is the 3rd time in 3 years that I've gotten hurt. I was at Snowshoe this weekend and took a trip OTB. Fortunately it isn't nearly as bad as what happened last year, however I can't help but wonder how close I came to breaking my neck.

How many of you :monkey:'s out there have come to this crossroad. Downhillin' is just so damn much fun but I'm getting tired of getting hurt. I know some of you will say just slow down but I just don't have any fun that way.

Anyways...just wondering what y'all think.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
man when im all healed up and riding again im gonna do my best to ride like it never happened

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
biggins said:
man when im all healed up and riding again im gonna do my best to ride like it never happened
When you get bucked off, you gotta get back in the saddle.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
ridetoofast said:
That is the question...for you :monkey:'s that is. This is the 3rd time in 3 years that I've gotten hurt. I was at Snowshoe this weekend and took a trip OTB. Fortunately it isn't nearly as bad as what happened last year, however I can't help but wonder how close I came to breaking my neck.

How many of you :monkey:'s out there have come to this crossroad. Downhillin' is just so damn much fun but I'm getting tired of getting hurt. I know some of you will say just slow down but I just don't have any fun that way.

Anyways...just wondering what y'all think.

How was snowshoe this weekend? Has it dried up? I am thinking about heading back down... The website says they are working on new freeride park stuff in addition to what is already open, did you see any of this, give me an update bro :thumb: :dancing:

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
You need to look up Mr. Miagi's phone # and get him to hone your reflexes like that Karate Kid Punk. Then you won't crash so much.

Not that you don't sound well versed in this, but maybe practice bailing out on softer surroundings? I started riding with dirt jumping and that taught me how to crash, and how to roll out of things. Saved my arse a couple of times.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
SkaredShtles said:
Actually, that quote reminds me of Shakespeare. What was it that Hamlet said?

"To ride........... or not to ride......... what a stupid question" :D

-S.S.-
New sig. Thanx! :thumb: