Quantcast

To the family of my uncle's heart donor:

BrokenChain

Monkey
Oct 26, 2001
NWCT
While I don't know much about your lost loved one, I know that in his passing, he managed to help save my uncle. I am so sorry for your loss, but I am overjoyed that he is now part of my family. I will never be able to express in words, just how much your contribution means to us, but I can tell you that when my day comes, I want to make someone's family as happy as you have made mine. Thank you.

BrokenChain

Monkey
Oct 26, 2001
NWCT
Changleen said:
Um, Unless they all come on the Monkey, why don't you actually write a letter to them?
I would, but unfortunately, I don't know who they are. Neither do the surgeons. We won't be able to find out who the family is unless they want to meet us. In the off chance one of them is on the monkey, I hope they see this.

HOOWAH

Monkey
Sep 16, 2001
portland, maine USA
someone gave my uncle a heart 12 years ago and he is still alive but now struggling some. He got to see his daughters get married, meet his grandchildren, and catch about 1,500 trout. good luck to your uncle and always remember the donor and their family.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Changleen said:
Um, Unless they all come on the Monkey, why don't you actually write a letter to them?
:rolleyes:

Recepient's families are never given the donor's information. Conflict of interest, and too many emotions run rampant.

I'm glad to hear your uncle is okay, man. Must be a pretty amazing thing to have a family member's life be saved like that.

BrokenChain

Monkey
Oct 26, 2001
NWCT
Thanks all for the kind words. The past few days have been pretty crazy to say the least. Some more good news, they brought him out of his coma today, have taken away two of his blood pressure medications, and are talking about moving him out of the ICU by the end of the week! I'd say he's doing pretty well for someone who was knocking on Death's door less than a week ago. One thing I just realized: My uncle is probably the biggest Beatles fan out there, and the donor heart became available on the 25th annivesary of John Lennon's assination.