Quantcast

To those around who are thinking about night riding

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Damon? Whos that? Arent we supposed to go by our "internet" names?

I have the old trailrat with brick battery... its seriously as big and heavy as a brick. I also have Ummbikes light untill he comes and picks it up, and then i also have the digital evolution. All great lights.

Thats a steal.. almost as cheap as my hookups....

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
$89 huh?!?!?! Dang, they went up since I bought mine 3 years ago. I paid $59 on sale @ Performance. This one is a pretty good one though, not the brick(thats the road rat and not trail rat I believe) for those who are interested in a decent light for under a bill.

derekpearson

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
Toshi said:
derek, can you find me a deal on a head mounted lamp? :D
I think those will mount on helmets? I have a couple of trailrats that I bought years ago and they mounted on helmets. they both finally died so I am in the market again...

derekpearson

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
Skookum said:
i'll buy five!

i'll outshine the moony sky with bright white trail rat light!!!#%)!@*%#)%(
too bad you live far away from cap forest, we got fun night rides going on with former members of icepeeps and a few other cool dudes :eek:

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Performance has some pretty nice deals on lights. The 10 watt lights are nice for back up lights and light trail riding. I found its pretty easy to outrun a 10 watt light. The high output Halogen are pretty decent but they still pale in comparison to an HID. I think the cheapest HID is the Cygolite Z-Force Ni-Cad. With the 20% off and .99 shipping its $208(Washington) delivered from Perfomance. Pricepoint has a NR helmet HID for $299 which might be the next best deal.

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
derekpearson said:
I think those will mount on helmets? I have a couple of trailrats that I bought years ago and they mounted on helmets. they both finally died so I am in the market again...
Yes, they will work with the helmet. You will need the mounting straps and a longer line. If you can spend a bit more, check out the Turbocat line up. They have some of the nicest lights out there for the money imo.