Quantcast

To weird to live, to rare to die...a CORERIDE dvd review

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
so i get home today and much to my surprise what do i find but a circular piece of plastic goodness in my mailbox from a certain kook up in h'burg.

the camera work is great. GOOD JOB Jen :thumb:
the editing is great. GOOD JOB John :thumb:
the music is cool
the montage in the middle gives ya a little taste of everything
the best section, imho, is the monster park. the music REALLY flows with the riders. you see them at their best, you see them at their worst (read human...they actually DO fall after all, who woulda thought)

it had the best sort of affect a vid can have. when i was done watching it, it made want to R I D E, but unfortunately its dark, cold, and the middle of the week so THAT aint gonna happen.

if you haven't ordered it yet, get off your ass, email him here --> Coreride@adelphia.net
and support a local rider trying to support local riders (and bands). its a circular thing sorta like them 26" things we all obsess about.

later
oh yeah its only $12!!!

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Hunter S Thompson, founder of Gonzo Journalism as a style, where the line "Too weird to live, too rare to die," came from when describing his attorney.

If you're gonna plagerize, give credit.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Damn, it was in the mailbox today.....Damn Dink, you fast all around ain't ya? :thumb:

great video....I guess Banche is a star now, great, it'll go to his head..:rolleyes: :D :p

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
Tattooo said:
Hunter S Thompson, founder of Gonzo Journalism as a style, where the line "Too weird to live, too rare to die," came from when describing his attorney.

It isn't the name of the DVD, by the way.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
Tattooo said:

the section that is going to make bunch, i mean banche, famous starts off with a monologue (sp?) that leads into a song. the 'tag line' is from that. i had no itention to plagarize...if you knew banche you'd understand how much it fits trust me.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
ridetoofast said:
the section that is going to make bunch, i mean banche, famous starts off with a monologue (sp?) that leads into a song. the 'tag line' is from that. i had no itention to plagarize...if you knew banche you'd understand how much it fits trust me.

yeah, true dat! :thumb:

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
Got the vid Friday - just in time for my couch 'n' beer session. Thanks to John and Jen--we mid-coasters have a recording of some of our fave riding spots, races, and riders. I would have liked to see some more off-bike stuff i.e. people milling around and chatting at events, perhaps some partying and so forth, because it really is a social sport off the bike as well... but nonetheless it is quite an admirable video. Thanks again!

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Great video and it had a good local touch to it. Like The capt said more lifestyle footage would add to the videos length and content of the local feel.

dink

Chimp
Apr 7, 2002
Charlottesville VA
Capt. Jack Sparrow said:
Got the vid Friday - just in time for my couch 'n' beer session. Thanks to John and Jen--we mid-coasters have a recording of some of our fave riding spots, races, and riders. I would have liked to see some more off-bike stuff i.e. people milling around and chatting at events, perhaps some partying and so forth, because it really is a social sport off the bike as well... but nonetheless it is quite an admirable video. Thanks again!
I know what you mean about the off bike stuff. that is a big goal for the 2006 vid. This year we didn't do much filming other then the riding. this year was all about the action and a huge learning experience. hopefully next year will bring bigger and better things. thanks for the input and thoughts.

milby

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
dink said:
I know what you mean about the off bike stuff. that is a big goal for the 2006 vid. This year we didn't do much filming other then the riding. this year was all about the action and a huge learning experience. hopefully next year will bring bigger and better things. thanks for the input and thoughts.

milby
Ya know what would be cool? if some people who record some of the events or other off bike stuff could donate it or give it to you so long as its relevant. Just a thought.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
sirknight6 said:
Ya know what would be cool? if some people who record soem of the events or other off bike stuff could donate it or give itto you so long as its relevant. Just a thought.
What'd be cooler is more then 2 clips of me in the video. And in those clips i was following sam and sawyer of all people!

Oh and milbs good to hear your doing another one next season too.

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
I just watched my copy and really enjoyed it. Pretty Damn' good for a first attempt. The footage was good , got a great selection of riders.
Mytbe some ideas for 06. Like said above a bit more lifestyle would be cool. Keep pro footage to a min. There are so many people putting out pro only stuff. I like seeing my self, my friends, and my peers doing good and even more screwing up. Maybe a touch more work off a tripod. or hopefully yu can get enough cash to get one of those cameras that keep the pic from bouncing. That may be just me I get motion queezy pretty easily.
In all I liked it and would give it 4 beers out of 5, only because there is always room for improvement. Good job, cant wait for next season.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
there is footage of the snowshoe nat'l mtnX in there. thought i saw morgan, but i could have been mistaken. the rest of the footy is all DH.

i'm going to watch it again and do a full review on dcstreet this weekend. first watch = :thumb: :thumb: