Quantcast

Toasted my S-type

Paulyd

Monkey
May 15, 2007
Great White North.
and now i need a new rim. not immediately, but its like not matter how many times i true the damn wheel, its always wobbling. and the nipples are mashed. the tension to me seems like its going to shot some spokes out soon.

considerations:
dt ex5.1/6.1/fr600
ex721
halo freedom
pimplite
alex supra d

no specific rim gets a bonus for being light. they're all damn light. i head the freedom is good, its supposedly the same as some syncros rim? just give me some insight.

this is for my dj bike. which btw is soon going to be an amp. only 200$ away.

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
I agree with kidwoo.

I would also add Arrow to the list, they are tough and made in the usa, thats gotta count for something. . .

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
welllllllll you also have 10,580 more posts than him too:D maybe you land smoother
I've defintely had my share of cases and sideways landers on big ass jumps as well sending my bike into a very different trajectory than the one I'm on:D

Seriously though, they really are the best rims I've ever used. I used to use them for my dh bike too....I only quit because they're kind of narrow.

Build 'em up with 2.0 straight gauge spokes and fuggetabattit.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
have to say with the pimplite, its an amazing rim but as somebody above mentioned it, need skinnyer tires, also atomlab uses those gigantic torque nipples, definitely a plus in my book.

creddy

Chimp
Sep 2, 2009
Fresno, CA
A bit of weight goes a long way when it's in the wheels. Adding an extra 50 grams anywhere else on the bike isn't very noticable. Adding it to the wheels will make a larger difference than you may think.