Quantcast

Today at Mt. Blanc

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
So...I made my second outing of the season! Here's a few pics from the day. No a very photogenic place. ie: not a lot of good spots to take "spectacular" photos....not that we found anyway. So if you don't like them, well tough.

Chairlift, first run

Me shaking it off....my first big crash in a long time. Missing a bit of skin. But I flew through the air long enough to say in my head "don't break your collarbone"

me in a berm

Da Peach in same berm

Da Peach going of the skinny/ladder thingy (on his rental bike)

again

me

aaaaand some lovely scenery taken at 130 kph

HypNoTic

Man Whore
Aug 3, 2004
Montreal, Qc
I was there yesterday too. Saturday Oct 7th was the first of 2 days of the ChromeFest event at Mont Blanc, about 1h north of Montreal. Many regional level races were scheduled (xc, dh, dj, wallride). I missed the XC and DJ events (damn alcool!!!), but I was there in the afternoon with the camera. At the time I left, there was over 100 peoples registred for the downhill race scheduled for Sunday, which is about 3x the number they expected! Beside that, the FQSC held his annual Team Quebec meeting and organized a fundraising souper. Also, the Mont Blanc management wanted to thanks the peoples that helped open this place for Mtb so I received a souvenir plate dedicated to IMBA and all the volunteers. I think it was really nice of them :)

The Chrome is a beginner level downhill trail...

...with some more enjoyable sections.

This trails being the feature trail of the place, an impressive work of irrigation, rock armoring and ground solidification was done. The result talk by itself.

Over an impressive number of berms, many hops were placed to add some fun-factor to a very fast line.

The "Fest" part of ChromeFest

Little break to enjoy the colors

And we ride again!

"Building member" souvenir :)

Photo gallery:
http://www.zygonium.com/gallery/v/ADSVMQ/2006/chromefest/

For those who were there yesterday, I was the photog in the Chome in the afternoon with a black IMBA tshirt. Check the photo gallery and if you want some pics in higher res, just let me know at jerome(a)adsvmq.org

*Edit: There are many places for nice pics but you probably just rode the Chrome, which is why you didn't find the others. Out of 7 downhill trails actually rideable, the 12ft drop and the rope bridge give some very interesting results in the left-most trail when you exit the chairlift, IIRC, the trail is called Scandium. Also, the Plutonium, just next to the Chrome, is an expert level ride with wicked step-up and average size drops, but this one is still under construction. Next time you go, try to call Laurent Goyet, he's a trailbuilder there and he'll show you the place!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Woo checking gallery now, thanks fpor posting some pics man. The course was amazing, and the free beer after ruled. The organization was a bit lacking (like the 1 hour to get number plates, and the ever changing course and schedule), but it was so laid back no one cared.

Highlights included JP dasilva waving to the rest of the elite racers as he cruised out of the start gate as if on a sunday drive, sgd almost falling on his head in the first corner, and Olivier laprade trying not to kill himself doing speed trials on the North Shore dealy on his DH bike. Oh, and all of the el kabongs in luge helmets and camelbacks.

Good times. Thanks for the shots.

Aussie style.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I realize there will be some growing pains, they REALLY need to sort out their lift ticket purchasing syste, I was in line for a half hour...and there were only 10 people in front of me. They had a teenage girl taking the money, and another teenage girl....standing watching the first one. It was quite maddening.......and they should build a bunch of the whistler-style chairlift bike carriers.

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
Nice riding shots, makes me want to but down the street riding some and hit the trails. Hopefully this next winter season i'll get a DH bike together. AZ has the B-52 which is really nice, good to see threads like this.
Thanks for the share