Quantcast

today is your day full trucker...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
hfbd.....or...wreck a va jay jay day....the choice is yours.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
SS....is that your syrup or someone's whiskey on the table?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Thanks ya'll, the birthday was KILLER. Had a super rad biking trip with piles of good friends, good beers, amazing rides, stellar views, camp fires, bumps, bruises, food, sunburns, pretty much everything you could want in a birthday biking trip. When I first approached this birthday, I thought about doing something different than I might do otherwise being that it was a "milestone" of sorts... if 4 decades around the sun is a milestone to you. Then I thought... why the FVCK would I do something different than I would normally do on any other given day/weekend/trip/birthday? The stuff I do all the time is the stuff I LOVE to do, with the people that I LOVE to do it with. So... uhhh... yeah. I did those things, with those people, and it was exactly the perfect birthday.

He's the dude riding his a$$ off in Moab currently. Or maybe he's on his way home now?
I'd be the dude that rode his a$$ off in Moab for the last 4 days...

...and then ski'ed the gnarliest line I could find in over a foot of blower at Loveland today with Nick.

Also; I cleaned all four switchbacks, in a row, no stopping, from the trail, on Rockstacker. You know the ones.

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Damn, must spread rep--AWESOME pic!!
Really great image, for sure. My buddy Mike took that with his fancy-pants camera using a tripod and a 30-second exposure. Came out very cool, and really captures the moment. I also found this post from BEFORE my trip, I think it may have gotten lost in the shuffle of a GMT last week. Although I wasn't able to leave for my trip until a day later than planned, it worked out as my girlfriend was able to sneak an extra day off of work and go with me instead of meeting me out in Moab. I am re-posting it here in case Das Monkeys didn't see it.

My 40th birthday is one week from today. I just ski'ed my face off in over a foot of fresh yesterday, preceded with a nice bike ride the day before. Both of these activities were with my girlfriend, who's Sheer Awesomeness™ I probably take for granted far too often. On Thursday I am planning on leaving for a 5-day trip to Moab, culminating with my yearly birthday ritual of riding Porcupine Rim. On the way there I plan on skiing at Loveland then riding some new trails in Fruita.

I truly, truly believe that every year I spend on this planet is far moar better-er than the one before it, and I marvel at the amazing people I have met, friends I've made along the way, and the experiences I am fortunate enough to have. One of those friends sent a link to a video that I watched this morning that reminded me just how lucky we all our to have even a short time to spend here, and that we should take advantage of the time we have.

"I really wish I had worked more" said no one. Ever.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
If it's any consolation your online personna comes off as far younger than 40. For what its worth and all.
Ummm... thanks? I like to think my online and in-person personas are pretty much the same. Quick shot of My Damn Self™, coming off far younger than 40 IRL:

His "real" persona comes off far younger than 40 too. Like most of us, he's an 8yo trapped in a 40yo body.
^^This. And I still have your cooler, although it's filled with this reddish sand now? Might wanna get that checked out. It did keep a whole PILE of beer cold the entire trip. We used icicles from last week's snowstorm in Golden... seemed appropriate.

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
So.... what did the Mohab itinerary look like this trip?
Friday: Amasa Back > Captain Ahab
Saturday: Amasa Back > Rockstacker > Jackson's
Sunday: Magnificent 7 with a proper Portal finish
Monday: Climb Kokopelli > UPS > LPS > Porcupine Rim

Last edited: