Quantcast

Today was a good day to skip work....

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Ok, so I didnt really "skip" work, I put in for a vacation day.... but none the less I didnt have to get up early, and ended up going for an awesome "old school" capital forest ride. Trails were in such good shape. Hardly any mud. Everything is pretty raw and loose since the majority of the moto crowd obeys the closures... I say Majority loosley too. Lots of poachers out there recently. There was a ton of blow down from the past storms, and you could see where the small streams that usually go under the trail busted over into raging rivers. It made for some brutal areas to cross at speed. Some of the downed trees we could move, but a few were big trees I couldnt even put my arms around...

The view from the peak was sick too. Saw Baker, Rainer, Adams, Helens, and the olympics... So nice to get a break for winter...

Anyone else get out today?

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
Got to ride around town testing a new bike i slaped togeather. Maybe take it out tomorow. MMMMMM! Trash clean up followed by a ride?

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I am off on Fridays - lucky me!:D

Headed down to SST early this afternoon. Good crew down there and it was easily the fastest track I've run on down there so far this year. We're talking twice as fast as any previous conditions. Rode until 5:30, although I could have put in another 4 or 5 runs...if only I had any energy left at that point.

It was optimal outside today. Just cool enough to where you didn't sweat yet warm enough to leave my base-layer jersey at home.:dancing:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
jodysbike said:
Got to ride around town testing a new bike i slaped togeather. Maybe take it out tomorow. MMMMMM! Trash clean up followed by a ride?
Booked today, but i was thinking of doing an early cap ride tomorrow.... Not sure what or where.... I hear the shuttle van is down right now,.... so that means self shuttle or climb.....