Quantcast

Today was a good day...

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
I turned the big 4 oooohhhhh sh!t !!!

How did that ever happen???

So I spent most of the day diggin and ridin with a friend of mine, now my back is so freakin tight I am not sure if I can walk up the hill to get my radio and tools.

I got some new jumps, some new jumpin shoes and the girl friend is on her way over with a bottle of Ketel 1.

Not a bad 40th bday, now the goal is to keep shreddin til I'm 45.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Happy b-day man. You will be shredd'in well beyond 45. I am 40 and ride with guys my age and older. We have a good 15 years ahead of us.

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Happy b-day man. You will be shredd'in well beyond 45. I am 40 and ride with guys my age and older. We have a good 15 years ahead of us.

Yea I'm cool with that. I ride with guys my age and a little older that are crazy good riders and I am still getting better myself, although its a slower progression.

The only thing that I get bummed about is how sore I get, man the muscle pain is outta hand at times. My girlfriend and I did a tough 50 on our road bikes the other day and then I came home to dig on the trails and after a couple wheel barrow loads I was done. I used to be able to go go go all day long but now I am just not the mule I used to be. I am working on getting out of the construction industry so I can save more energy for riding and less for workin like a mule, I hope it works out.

Sonic Reducer

Monkey
Mar 19, 2006
seattle worshington
happy birthday. youre a construction worker and still dirt jumper at age 40? that is seriously impressive. after about 10 years of both I feel pretty beat down and im only 24.
sounds lame but try yoga. it really helps with flexibility and being less sore all the time.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
The only thing that I get bummed about is how sore I get, man the muscle pain is outta hand at times. My girlfriend and I did a tough 50 on our road bikes the other day and then I came home to dig on the trails and after a couple wheel barrow loads I was done.
ummm, 50 miles even on a road bike is nothing to scoff at. Then digging afterwards. I'm sure many guys half your age would be done after doing that.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
happy birthday. youre a construction worker and still dirt jumper at age 40? that is seriously impressive. after about 10 years of both I feel pretty beat down and im only 24.
sounds lame but try yoga. it really helps with flexibility and being less sore all the time.
you've been working construction since you were 14?? wtf?

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
The Yoga is no joke! Last winter my girlfriend and I had a great program goin with yoga and stretching. It really helped us to win a 13 hour xc race, I got in about 90 miles that day and felt great. It was hard to stick with it through the summer though just because there is seldom time and energy left from riding and work. Unfortunately we never got the program goin again over the winter so now my core and base fitness sucks. But yeah I really need to get the yoga back into my life.

Jason, when you get time to ride give me a jingle. Dave and I have been butterin up some new lines and Collin just got back from Australia and he is ready to dig so there will be some new stuff this season.

Don, how close are you to 78/22 at the PA Jersey border? I have some riding friends over in that area. We should trade riding spots sometime this season.