Quantcast

todays thursday gmt

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
good day monkeys, i didnt sleep through my alarm today so im not running late and get to take my time :monkeydance:. anyway not really doing anything today but it is national Homemade Bread Day. maybe i will go eat some bread :thumb: anyway be safe out there monkeys.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Listen up, folks...when you are sending someone an e-mail, particularly to a business account, and their name appears right in the e-mail address, there is no excuse for spelling their first and/or last name incorrectly. It shows laziness, lack of intelligence, lack of attention to detail, and sloppiness. No excuse for that in a professional work enviornment.

Carry on.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Freakidy freezing this morning, which means I'll probably be busy this morning. I know I've said it before, but how is that an airplane designed/built in canada can turn into such a pile of **** the second it drops below 20 degrees? :banghead:

splat

Nam I am
Listen up, folks...when you are sending someone an e-mail, particularly to a business account, and their name appears right in the e-mail address, there is no excuse for spelling their first and/or last name incorrectly. It shows laziness, lack of intelligence, lack of attention to detail, and sloppiness. No excuse for that in a professional work enviornment.

Carry on.
Or an over active Spell Checker!

So how badly did they brutalize your last name Pil ?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Well I am all spiffed up this morning, getting ready to head out for my BG interveiw. Got everything all done and ready, every peice of paperwork is in hand... time to give it my all and see what happens

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/

Carry on.
I had a similar work related issue. If you are to give a presentation make sure it will run smothly on your computer. If it works like **** because your laptop is too weak to handle a bazzilion of ppt animations it only shows you didn't take time to re read it in home/check it. Especially since looking at the presentation it is obvious you didn't do it.

To cut a long story short - Discovery has awesome ad creation and if you want a great personalised ad their creative team will make something very nice. It would be nice to work there but their media team is really damn crappy at presenting their offer. They could have as well sent us the presentation to view it without them.

Also who in their right mind comes to a media meeting without a cake? The unwritten rule has allways been cake of GTFO.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA

Carry on.
:clue:

Are you implying RM isn't a professional work environment by this spelling error? Because I always assumed RM was serious business.

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
Woke up to a pretty steady snow this morning. Nothing sticking yet but I'm guessing it will when the temp drops a little more.

Uneventful day for me today. In class right now for another 30 mins, lab at 2, then going to the climbing gym. Going to a bouldering comp this weekend! Hoping for a win!

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Attention: :spam:

If anyone is looking for a good waterproof riding shoe for cheap, I recommend grabbing a pair of these. If they had my size I would be ordering 2 pairs today. Awesome wet-weather/winter riding shoe (Gore-Tex), and for the price you can't beat it. The soles on mine started to fall apart after 3 seasons, but I Shoe-Goo'd them and they have held up great. But for $35 it's well worth it.

Shimano MT60 Mountain Shoes - Mountain Bike Shoes

EDIT - I just realized the sizes available are for kids and midgets. Damn.

Last edited:

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Making a crab quiche for today and another long ride today as Denver is supposed to be sunny and 63* today!!

Jimmy Pardo will be a guest on Conan tonight. The best comedian out there today. Never Not Funny

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Last night was the twisted toy making party ini preparation for the annual SantaCon! We bought bags and bags of toys, took them apart and hot glued them back together in creative ways. Oh what fun it is to be a little elf.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
if you wanna know what i'm actually doing, i'm evaluating various polymer films for performance on a packaging trial line.
That's cool. I'm far from a polymer expert so I like to hide my intellectual insecurities behind mocking and lame jokes.

I hope you didn't take my ballbusting seriously. They'll be days when I spend 8 hours trying to figure out if a part should be machined from aluminum or Delrin. Not everything is exciting :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
That's cool. I'm far from a polymer expert so I like to hide my intellectual insecurities behind mocking and lame jokes.

I hope you didn't take my ballbusting seriously. They'll be days when I spend 8 hours trying to figure out if a part should be machined from aluminum or Delrin. Not everything is exciting :rofl:
no, its just that i deal with that level of ignorance on a daily basis, even from within the company I work for. It gets old after a while. Want me to list all the ISO and ASTM regulations I have to meet/follow? And that doesn't even touch on FDA requirements.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
no, its just that i deal with that level of ignorance on a daily basis, even from within the company I work for. It gets old after a while. Want me to list all the ISO and ASTM regulations I have to meet/follow? And that doesn't even touch on FDA requirements.
I'll stop then. I don't want you to get to BIGHTR levels of butthurt.