Quantcast

Todays Trip to the Zoo. Pics inclosed (IAB, this is for you)

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I got my new lens in today, and decided to take it to the zoo. Not all of these pictures are artsy fartsy photographs, but this is what we (myself and my girlfriend) did today.

The Richmond Zoo is an interesting place. Its unlike any zoo i've ever been to. There is a petting area, and you can buy "zoo treats" to feed to the animals. its kinda ghetto, but it was fun nonetheless :)

So, On with the Pictures!

Here, We caught IAB in his rare true form

This Cute little monkey wanted out!

The Giraffes were my favorite! They ate out of your hand, it was pretty cute. They also knew that they gave zoo treats out in cups, so they tried to get to the cups

They are awesome!

This Giraffe was huuuuuuuuungry!

This one was just as attracted to Jen as I am. He kept trying to molest her!

I love birds, but i'm not quite sure what this one is....

This Guy Looks angry, I'm guessing its because he lost a fight recently...

I call this one "Pissed off Camel!"

If you look close, you can see the food falling out of his mouth.

I love me some Birds! (and this lens!!)

So....... Thats our trip to the zoo today. Now I've gotten in some practice with my new lens for Monster Park Next weekend!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
i like the gopher one. the other ones don't really show off what telezooms do best, which is to make the subject pop out from the bokeh. imo, of course. also, do you shoot every shot in landscape orientation, or is this just a sampling anomaly in this batch?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
splat said:
What zoo is that ?

Its the Metro Richmond Zoo In Richmond, VA.

And Toshi, I also didn't shoot many portrait today because its the first day with my new lens, and I don't have the extra battery grip so its kind of unweighted with a huge 70-200 hanging off the front. Not to worry though, I'm gonna start searching for one of those too ;)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i don't find the 70-200 f/4 too heavy to make my 350D unbalanced w/o the battery grip.

i like the capybara one the best too (guessing that's the rodent in question).

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
Canon EOS10D - Nice rig.

Love the parrot, overall, the most. Do more of the colorful birds for hue and saturation experimentation.

By the way - focus is so sharp i think these are all fake. Nice.

kidding.

->seething envy!<-