Quantcast

Toke up, hippies!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Hey @mykel
How is Canadiastan going to treat usage among people in "safety sensitive" positions? Pilots, truckers, etc. Obviously they can't be stoned at work, but what about testing? Pee test doesn't prove anything except you've been high sometime ago, not necessarily that it was a factor in any particular incident.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Hey @Pesqueeb

Not too sure to be honest.

I know the legislation is basically a half filled framework, and that the provinces will fill in quite a bit of their own detail. I have not yet read the bill, nor have I come across any online conversation regarding this issue either.

They are talking roadside saliva tests, but there is quite a bit of fear on how this is going to be leveled, so that long time / heavier users are not getting picked up when they have not partaken in the requisite time frames.

No idea on time frames, but for me, my Medical Prescription Agreement requires me to abstain from driving for 4 hours from the time of last dose. :busted:

Luckily (? :fie: ?) I am now retired due to my post concussion syndrome, so I don't have to worry about peeing in a bottle for work, then having to go thru the hassle of getting a prescription exemption ( if allowed ) from my place of employment.

As long as they don't make me pee in a bottle to ride the lifts for DH or at the local singletrack, I'm all good.:drag:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
They are talking roadside saliva tests, but there is quite a bit of fear on how this is going to be leveled, so that long time / heavier users are not getting picked up when they have not partaken in the requisite time frames.
My understanding, is that saliva tests are much more like a roadside breathalyzer, in that the can determine that you are impaired now, vs. you smoked pot once sometime last week, like a pee test. The saliva tests are apparently much more expensive though. Perhaps that will change now that there is more of a market for them?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Now you can use debit

LITTLETON, Colo., June 29, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- CanPay, the first legitimate debit payment solution for the cannabis industry, today announced its availability to dispensary owners, customers, and patients in Oregon's recreational and medical cannabis marketplaces. Dispensaries in the state are now able to offer a secure, legitimate, and transparent alternative to the current cash-only system for both in-store and delivery purchases. Initially, CanPay will be available at seven dispensaries across Portland, Oregon City, and Eugene.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Dude here at work had a small accident and "bumped" into an airplane. Seems like it was a pretty honest mistake that would normally result in changes to training, procedures etc. However when asked for a drug test he refused and was fired on the spot. Not sure if the guy was in fact intoxicated, had some ugly demons or was afraid of getting pinged simply because he responsibly partakes of the legal bud.

I really don't know what the rules and thresholds are. I don't operate heavy equipment but could get tested if I somehow hurt myself by tripping down the stairs or poking my eye out when putting on my safety glasses.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'd say it is futile, but I also said that about state level legalization. Probably not now, but soon?

One thing the right does do with success is "energize their base" each election cycle with some emotional single issue voter subject, perhaps de-criminalization could be the left's standard.