Toke up, hippies!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
195lbs = 88.45 kg

88.45kg x .215mg = 19.01675mg

mg to g = .019 grams

My only comments are they don't call it micro dosing for nothing. If "normal" people started eating tripping balls doses for mental health it may not work out well anyways. Haha.
Fair enough. That's how I did my math and I'm bad enough at it I really ought to have it double checked. And I agree, the phrasing is maybe the problem here. I'm not a doc doing a clinical study, so maybe .019 grams is considered "moderate" in professional circles?

@Toshi

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
I'm curious about this because I watched a Nova documentary just the other day about the seeming promise of psychedelics for treating things like depression, PTSD, addiction, etc, and in it the doses that were being given were absolutely heroic. Like, 30 grams if memory serves. Forget depression, 30 grams is sending you to another dimension.
30 grams seems like a "fundamentally change your neurochemistry" dose.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
30? :eek::panic:

A gram or so and it's a giggle-fest.
By about 3 grams, the lizard people are starting to knock on the door,
30? Ya, No. I have no interest in seeing their space-ship or visiting their home.:twitch:

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
30 grams seems like a "fundamentally change your neurochemistry" dose.
I believe that was sort of the point, actually.

For me watching this video, kind of the most interesting one is the guy who started drinking around 12 years old and was a raging alcoholic by the time he was old enough to drive. Takes something pretty dramatic to get a fella like that off teh booze.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
I believe that was sort of the point, actually.

For me watching this video, kind of the most interesting one is the guy who started drinking around 12 years old and was a raging alcoholic by the time he was old enough to drive. Takes something pretty dramatic to get a fella like that off teh booze.

I should probably just read the article, but I wonder what's to stop this "re-wiring" from going in the wrong direction? ie, making a subject more depressed/anxious/etc., or causing some other unintended negative outcome?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Certainly helps explain why LinkedIn is such a god awful shit show.
I have honestly never done anything but post my resume and have a relatively updated profile. But I've never browsed it or looked at social media style posts except I do follow Daniel Riccardo. :fans:

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
I have honestly never done anything but post my resume and have a relatively updated profile. But I've never browsed it or looked at social media style posts except I do follow Daniel Riccardo. :fans:
User experience may vary I suppose, but during my brief job scare last year, LinkedIn was DEFINITELY more hassle than it was worth.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
User experience may vary I suppose, but during my brief job scare last year, LinkedIn was DEFINITELY more hassle than it was worth.
I've gotten quite a few hits from there over the years, but again, I've only posted my resume and kept my profile up to date. Never looked at posts or ads or anything.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I would imagine, even in an all-cash commercial business, that they have "normal" accounts payable/receivable arrangements. Bags of cash show up down the road...
Me and a few friends from the local baseball team would be paying a visit to their offices. And it's not just one grower that's owed, not cool man.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
In WA, some state banks work with cannabis businesses. That said most of the weed shops are cash only.

My local shop now accepts credit cards and has a "rewards program" linked to your phone number. Perhaps I am just old school paranoid but no thanks, and I'll pay cash. Actually the only thing I use cash for. Am actually still burning down the money I withdrew for that failed Banshee frame acquisition.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My local shop now accepts credit cards and has a "rewards program" linked to your phone number. Perhaps I am just old school paranoid but no thanks, and I'll pay cash. Actually the only thing I use cash for. Am actually still burning down the money I withdrew for that failed Banshee frame acquisition.
Damn, that's fancy. There are a few rewards programs, but I haven't seen card payments. Maybe I need to check the Cuve.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Places here are starting to accept card payments also. I wish the flower was better though. The edibles are good at least.
I switched to cartridges, then drippers a few years ago There was a 4 location chain in WA that had the goods, but they closed the one in Longview and downtown Cuve seems to not be stoking. The stuff local is ok but they haven't restocked either.

I get a military discount but it's cash only.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Thanks to a loop hole in the Farm Bill weed is now legal in NC. You can walk into a store and legally purchase some bud in the form of THC-A flower. And it's legit, not hemp buds sprayed with Delta 8 either.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
There are a lot of research going on in regards to psychedelic therapy not just in the US but globally and the initial success for some treatments has boosted the funding and scope of research and the FDA has been more supportive. Also part of the research is looking at if micro dosing can be effective vs taking a heroic dose

The guy in the video works at John Hopkins which is one of the leading research facilities in the US.

I have not tried it any psychedelics but sure sounds like an interesting experiences. I have recently tried weed (yes I am behind the bong shed ridemomkey pros).

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I have not tried it any psychedelics but sure sounds like an interesting experiences. I have recently tried weed (yes I am behind the bong shed ridemomkey pros).
You should be very comfy with weed before you eat a hand full of shrooms. Definitely not for beginners. A Psilocybin or LSD trip can last 12 hours. And once those visuals start, there's no getting off that ride. Weed buzz is four hours max. And besides, some weed strains are ridiculously potent, negating the need for something stronger.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Thank you for the info. Not planning any psychedelics but I have been just been researching how it’s been used professionally for treatment with better results than current medication.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I just shit myself with the cost at a bricks and mortar store here in Ontario. I went in with my son for a look around. Holy Fuck! 40-45.00 for an eighth (3.5grams) was common :eek:?? High THC, but negligible to no CBD. ie 27-31 THC and 0-0.05 CBD. And it is not like there is no competition - there are like 6 stores in our town of 16 000. Thank-you heavy regulation I guess.

The stuff I get from an online BC store - they have a nice selection of high THC and high CBD strains. ie 25-34 THC and 2.0-4.0 CBD and the most expensive they carry is an eighth for 30 (3.5gms) and 200 for an oz (28gms)...and I thought that was pricey.

One of my normals is Blue Coma and the last batch tested out at 28 THC and 2.5 CBD and it is 20 an eighth and 125.00 an oz.