Quantcast

Toke up, hippies!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I just shit myself with the cost at a bricks and mortar store here in Ontario. I went in with my son for a look around. Holy Fuck! 40-45.00 for an eighth (3.5grams) was common :eek:?? High THC, but negligible to no CBD. ie 27-31 THC and 0-0.05 CBD. And it is not like there is no competition - there are like 6 stores in our town of 16 000. Thank-you heavy regulation I guess.

The stuff I get from an online BC store - they have a nice selection of high THC and high CBD strains. ie 25-34 THC and 2.0-4.0 CBD and the most expensive they carry is an eighth for 30 (3.5gms) and 200 for an oz (28gms)...and I thought that was pricey.

One of my normals is Blue Coma and the last batch tested out at 28 THC and 2.5 CBD and it is 20 an eighth and 125.00 an oz.
Yeah the grey market shops from BC, that we've been using for years, offer so much better value. And its not like the quality is any less. Some of the packaged dates on the stuff I've purchased from legit stores here have been from 2021, so not great. And the BC stores offer some freebies, like hey bud, heres a free massive joint just because.

The only thing going for the local legit shops is the convenience. But yeah, how do they even stay open? In the small town I live there are now at least 6 shops. Thats twice the number of Tim Hortons!! :rofl:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Yeah the grey market shops from BC, that we've been using for years, offer so much better value. And its not like the quality is any less. Some of the packaged dates on the stuff I've purchased from legit stores here have been from 2021, so not great. And the BC stores offer some freebies, like hey bud, heres a free massive joint just because.

The only thing going for the local legit shops is the convenience. But yeah, how do they even stay open? In the small town I live there are now at least 6 shops. Thats twice the number of Tim Hortons!! :rofl:

Same here. :rofl:
6 weed shops in town. 3 Timmies in town. (and one just outside the town limits. - So I guess you win?)

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
there was 7 shops within a 20 minute walk from me up till last month. looks like there's a little too much competition caus' now it's down to 5. two of which I can drop in at on my walk to my kid's school... I don't enjoy smoking, and because of my back injury, I've discovered cannabis oil. a 3:1 (cbd:thc) ratio has worked great to control my pain without a THC hangover the next day.

do your BC stores sell oil too? (can you pm me the name?)

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
THC really seems to affect me, and takes a long time to clear out of my system. If I partake in the evening, it will usually stick with me till early the next afternoon. It also makes me super sleepy, which isn't great for work, or even for riding... I was never able to "hang with the locals" when I visited Whistler... it's just not for me.

being able to control the amount of THC very precisely with oil really helps minimize this next day effect.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
THC really seems to affect me, and takes a long time to clear out of my system. If I partake in the evening, it will usually stick with me till early the next afternoon. It also makes me super sleepy, which isn't great for work, or even for riding... I was never able to "hang with the locals" when I visited Whistler... it's just not for me.

being able to control the amount of THC very precisely with oil really helps minimize this next day effect.
Wow, that’s unusual. I find the sleepy part to be most useful for sleeps, mmm sleeps:lazy2:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

I see... so really, you're just still stoned the next morning, not really hungover. :D

Wow, that’s unusual. I find the sleepy part to be most useful for sleeps, mmm sleeps:lazy2:
This. Being buzzed before falling asleep is just a bonus. :p

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Ooow, look at you with all your fancy rich boy denominations, :bonk:

It fucking stupid to force them to deal in brown envelopes and duffel bags.
In the end it will all be taken over by corporations. They will yell, their thralls will change the laws and the problem will be solved. It is only a problem because it was driven by the little guys. Hell even here in good old legal Flatariio, the local weed stores, all 6 of them are parts of chains, not an indepenant in the lot. :disgust:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

In the end it will all be taken over by corporations. They will yell, their thralls will change the laws and the problem will be solved. It is only a problem because it was driven by the little guys. Hell even here in good old legal Flatariio, the local weed stores, all 6 of them are parts of chains, not an indepenant in the lot. :disgust:
"transition to LSD/MDMA/Scrooms"

Or artisan knives.

Endless suckers in that market.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

Here in town there are 3 shops (I think), all three are a "chain" with 5 stores or less each. There aren't a ton of "mom and pop" shops, but they aren't huge out of state corporations and they are all Oregon only so far due to cross state sales issues. But as a cash only business, it's a nightmare.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
it was odd being in denver over the weekend and not smelling weed once....

whereas in gastonia....i can not go into a place of business and go without getting a contact high once or twice a day....

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am