Portland, OR

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
"pot sales in the United States are the largest source of money for violent Mexican drug cartels"

Who the hell gets there weed from mexico? It's 2009 people! The Canadian's sh!t is better, and cali's the best so WTF.
No Brother,the Cartel is growing it here in CA,and somehow I don’t how, they are able to sell it to the clubs. They are deep in the mountains,mostly on Federal land. They are ”trying” to grow good strains,alot of chemicals and have camps everywhere.

I still don’t understand all the rules they have (clubs). I find my buddies pot better than the club. Indica crop. The one thing I cannot figure out is this. I have been to many clubs and bought many brands,all being the highest THC and most expensive.

They do not have the Smell?

My buddies does. Stinks like a skunk,sticky and tastes like it smells,Proper! That’s all I have to say about that.

Avy

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I watched a buddy trainwreck his life while eating fungus every day for months. He started out "micro dosing" and moved up to full on tripping balls every day. When the, "I saw god and he told me how to live, I should tell everyone else how to live" talk begins, it's time to start making space.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
I watched a buddy trainwreck his life while eating fungus every day for months. He started out "micro dosing" and moved up to full on tripping balls every day. When the, "I saw god and he told me how to live, I should tell everyone else how to live" talk begins, it's time to start making space.
I think maybe there is an argument to be made that using any mind altering substance with that kind of frequency is probably indicative of a larger problem.

Plus, tolerance is a thing with shrooms. if he was using them at that kind of level, he must have using a lot. :fie:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I think maybe there is an argument to be made that using any mind altering substance with that kind of frequency is probably indicative of a larger problem.

Plus, tolerance is a thing with shrooms. if he was using them at that kind of level, he must have using a lot. :fie:
Yeah I cant disagree with that. My buddy probably has some other underlying issues that contributed to his mental decline. Eating gobs of fungus sure helped him go off his rocker. Honestly though if he hadn't been tripping balls maybe the psychosis would have been worse.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Yeah I cant disagree with that. My buddy probably has some other underlying issues that contributed to his mental decline. Eating gobs of fungus sure helped him go off his rocker. Honestly though if he hadn't been tripping balls maybe the psychosis would have been worse.
There is some research and a shit load of anecdotal "evidence" that suggests that if one has family or personal history of mental issues/schizophrenia that they REALLY should avoid the entire family of psychedelics. It does seem that such substances can be the push "round the bend" that certain types of people do not need.

Of course, we might understand these issues better if 60 years of research hadn't been lost on the asinine "war on drugs". I'm sorry that your buddy is probably one of its victims. That sucks.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
There is some research and a shit load of anecdotal "evidence" that suggests that if one has family or personal history of mental issues/schizophrenia that they REALLY should avoid the entire family of psychedelics. It does seem that such substances can be the push "round the bend" that certain types of people do not need.

Of course, we might understand these issues better if 60 years of research hadn't been lost on the asinine "war on drugs". I'm sorry that your buddy is probably one of its victims. That sucks.

I have friends that dove into the deep end of psychedelics and all of them are fine, except one. Seems obvious in hindsight but he showed signs if schizophrenia at 18 and after a handful of years of drugs ended up homeless on the streets of San Diego for a decade despite actually having funds and a support network that would have taken care of him. His parents were able to get him back home and cared for after ending up in the hospital from getting stabbed. He kind of looks and acts like Colonel Kurtz now. He was not able to organize a remote jungle cult though.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Noticed a lot of weed smoke over the last few days. Ever since things were legal it is uncommon to notice people smoking in public. Then I also noticed a lot of baseball jerseys, All Star game is in town this week. Fucking tourists.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
This needs to happen everywhere.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
So, in other words, now coming soon to a shop just over the municipal line. :rofl:
That's what it's like here. Our county has *always* prohibited sales of the devil's lettuce... :disgust:
Was in Palmer Lake today. Literally the second you cross city limits, BAM..... weed shop. Probably picking up millions of dollars that the city of Colorado Springs is missing out on, 20 minutes away.