Quantcast

Toke up, hippies!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This has been a problem inside National Parks for at least 25 years. I can remember my old man being involved in raids on grows inside Sequoia/Kings when I was in grade school.
now the legalization has started, and legal grow ops are a thing, will we see a reduction in trespass grows?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I would wager, it's going to have to be a lot more "legal" before you start seeing grows move out of the woods.
Many of the woodland grows are done by the cartel types, not the hippie types. If you read through the article from Mother Jones, this isn't "quality" smoke they are pulling, it's crap weed. But there will always be folks who would rather do it the old school way. :rofl:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
For you legal state people, what is the LEAST THC content weed that you can buy legally?
I can't stand the uber dank crippler crap.
In CO, I'm not sure to be honest. Due to the nature of my employment, the Man is still holding me down.

*edit: I seem to recall reading something about "medical" weed, specifically in regards to meds for the kids with seizures, being REALLY low in THC but super high in CBD. I realize that's probably not what you meant, but if you've got a card, I suppose you could buy it.

Last edited:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
In CO, I'm not sure to be honest. Due to the nature of my employment, the Man is still holding me down.

*edit: I seem to recall reading something about "medical" weed, specifically in regards to meds for the kids with seizures, being REALLY low in THC but super high in CBD. I realize that's probably not what you meant, but if you've got a card, I suppose you could buy it.
http://healthland.time.com/2012/06/04/a-new-marijuana-plant-without-the-high-it-could-be-good-medicine/

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Worse than NA beer or decaf coffee.
Not at all, the geniuses that made high test didn't know anything about the other CBDs which is why people like rideit don't like the new stuff. If you don't have the THC in balance with CBDs you get nasty paranoia etc...

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-government-signs-off-study-130000693.html

The federal government has recently signed off on a study aimed at using marijuana as a treatment for veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder, a development that drug researchers are hailing as a major shift in U.S. drug policy.

The Department of Health and Human Services' decision surprised medical marijuana advocates who have been struggling for decades to secure federal approval for research into the drug's medical uses.

The initial proposal from the University of Arizona was long ago cleared by the Food and Drug Administration, but researchers had been unable to purchase marijuana from the National Institute on Drug Abuse. The agency's Mississippi research farm is the only federally-sanctioned source of the drug.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
same number who partake tracks w/ same for gay
conclusion: pot makes you gay

isn't doug lamborn the one who kicked a fotog during some prayer @state capitol?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
"I went to college to learn how to kill other people, and I'm telling you that smoking a joint is immoral." - General Barry McCaffery.

You have to be a sick ****ing puppy to go to Vietnam, see a bunch of stoned conscripts in the meatgrinder, and determine that marijuana is the problem.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, dumb Q, does vaping 'change' the character of the high?
As in, is swag weed less swaggy when vaped?

I havent smoked in a decade because i hate the high test, curious what less powerful strains can be with different dosing techniques....

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The high is different. How different, I have no idea. But everything I have been told is that it is different.

It sounds like vapping "wax" is like a 10 hour high. :panic:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Vape highs, versus burning identical bud, are mellower and somewhat shorter lived IMO.
You also use more bud in the process, or maybe thats just me trying to get higher.

Swag is nasty in vapes. (e: I assume, have never tried because, why?)
The taste is nearly identical to the unburned smell of the bud.
If it smells like it was smuggled inside a mexicans ass then that's how it will taste.

We have a couple of vapes that don't get used often.
Nice when Mom's staying here or hanging with our kids as you don't reek of ganj afterwards and, as said above, its a subtler experience.

Personally the whole contraption and waiting for it to heat up annoys me.
I just want a bong hit and to get along with my day.

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The end of the world, it is not.

January and February crime statistics in the city and county of Denver show violent crime -- including homicide, sexual assaults and robbery -- have declined by 2.4%, according to the Denver Police Department. In fact, robberies fell more than 7% during the period, while sexual assaults declined by more than 12%. Homicide fell more than 66%. Aggravated assaults were the only violent crime category to rise in the first two months of this year, gaining nearly 4%.
Stoners can get aggravated, so that makes sense.

Last edited: